Cells From Aborted Children Used For Parkinson's Treatment Gruesome

From the DailyMail.co.uk: Foetus Cell Injections Give Hope to Parkinson's Sufferers A treatment for Parkinson's disease that involves injecting patients' brains with cells from aborted foetuses could bring hope to thousands of sufferers. It was first tested more than 20 years ago and hailed as a cure before being abandoned because of devastating side effects. Many of the human guinea pigs lost control of their bodies and experienced writhing and jerking movements for the rest of their lives. Now scientists say they have found a way to control these side effects, which will give hope to many sufferers - such as Hollywood star Michael J Fox and boxing legend Muhammad Ali. But critics say the injection legitimises abortion, describing the use of foetuses in such treatment as a ' grisly trade in human life'. The procedure involves drilling four holes into the patient's skull and injecting cells from aborted foetuses into their brains. There's something about having the cells of an aborted baby directly injected into a brain that sickens me. You? Listen - this is not the same as a blood transfusion, or an organ transplant, or skin grafts. One difference? Voluntary donation. The aborted child had no choice in the matter. This is reducing a human being to a parts factory, to be taken apart and distributed around with the hope that something beneficial might result. The other difference - someone didn't have to be killed in order to provide material for the experiments. Granted, babies aren't being aborted for the sole purpose of generating the cells to be used. Proponents make the claim that since there are going to be abortions anyway, this won't increase the frequency. That's most likely true, but that's not the point. The point is, this cheapens the intrinsic value and uniqueness of the child. It's the next step down the short flight of relativism - starting with "I'm choosing to have this child", much like saying "I'm choosing to have a vanilla ice cream cone", ending with "Since it's dead, let's take out the useful parts." Which is a lot like saying "Before throwing out that lawn mower, save the spark plugs." One commenter at the Daily Mail site wrote this: " Anything that can give sufferers a normal life is a wonderful thing." Well then - what if the only cure for Parkinson's turned out to be replacing sections of the patient's brain with those from a living healthy person. That qualifies as "anything", right? And say the procedure doesn't kill the donor, only affect their quality of life. Would that still be a "wonderful thing"? And what if there were no volunteers? Conscription? I'm sympathetic to those who suffer from Parkinson's. Close friends of my family died from the disease, so I' ve seen how it affects people and brings pain and grief. I get all that. Even still, their suffering and pain doesn't justify cannibalizing another dead person WITHOUT THEIR CONSENT. Especially a dead person who was sucked, scraped or scalpeled from its mother' s womb. That's a big black pot of gooey immoral behavior there that ought not be stirred. Using cells of aborted children for medical purposes is not drawing good from evil. It makes the evil even worse. actsoftheapostasy.blogspot.com

[quote="Dpoc41, post:1, topic:204085"]
Granted, babies aren't being aborted for the sole purpose of generating the cells to be used. Proponents make the claim that since there are going to be abortions anyway, this won't increase the frequency. That's most likely true, but that's not the point.

[/quote]

Believe me, selective conception and abortion will be a only a short step down the slippery slope to the next atrocity. Just wait until they discover a "cure or treatment" that requires a certain rare genetic profile. There are women and men out there who are so morally bankrupt there will be no shortage of them lining up to create the fetuses to be harvested (for big bucks of course) to supply the cells. There are lots of women and men who already donate eggs and sperm, and women who rent out their uteruses. Putting them together for the purpose of creating designer fetuses for harvesting is not a big step.

In the world anything goes! The ends always justify the means!!

That is why Jesus called us to shun the world;

"Therefore also the Wisdom of God said, 'I will send them prophets and apostles, some of whom they will kill and persecute,' 50 that the blood of all the prophets, shed from the foundation of the world, may be required of this generation, 51 from the blood of Abel to the blood of Zechari'ah, who perished between the altar and the sanctuary. Yes, I tell you, it shall be required of this generation. 52 Woe to you lawyers! for you have taken away the key of knowledge; you did not enter yourselves, and you hindered those who were entering." (LK 11:49-52)

Are we willing to shed our blood, as Jesus did, to defend the most innocent among us from these evils???

Sancta Maria, Mater Dei, Ora Pro Nobis Peccatoribus!

mark

While I agree that cells should not be wasted in that we should try to use dead people's organs as much as possible to help those who are still alive, this is not a good thing.

There is evidence that adult stem cells can be used for the same purposes without having to abort a child.

A if a "cure" is found, people will abort children on purpose just for the "cure or treatment" even though you can still get cells without aborting children. In fact, if you let the baby grow to adulthood, he/she will have a LOT more cells than an aborted baby has!

I think it's pretty sick to abort children when there are thousands of couples in line to adopt a newborn. Newborns are the easiest people to find homes for, teens being the hardest to find homes for and the most likely to suffer from abuse. There are even couples in a list to adopt babies with disabilities. People are so selfish. They don't want to keep the baby, but they don't think they'd ever be able to give him/her for adoption, so they have an abortion. They even have training classes for surrogate mothers to help them to NOT bond with the baby so the separation will be easier. :(

It is tragic how medicine has become an industry focused just as much on killing as it is healing.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.