Central African Republic - Muslims vs Christians

I almost fell off my chair and choked on my porridge when I woke up this morning, turned on the news and found our Holy Father wandering through one of the worlds most dangerous areas, a muslim enclave PK5 in Central African Republic where daily clashes between christians and muslims are occurring with deaths on both sides.

Yesterday he was advised that it was not on the itinerary and today he is where he asked to be. He is a wily old fox. :stuck_out_tongue:

Seriously though, I pray for the his safety and the Swiss Guards charged with his safety when he feels compelled to do these spontaneous things.

He certainly fears no evil does he… Got to respect the Pope living his vocation if nothing else.

I understand this particular area Christians and Muslims actually lived in peace for years. It was only relatively lately violence bread. This is His Holiness’ way of taking his message of peace and through the person of Jesus he is showing unconditional love that any Christian should. We are just not as brave as the Pope is. He is living the Gospel. Praise God!

MJ

:thumbsup:

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.