Centurian_of_Flight

Any one over at the protestwarrior 36th chamber message boards knows this guy, so far he’s twisted catholic history to show st. patrick was a protestant, I mean for crying out loud he muddles, twists and retards everything. Anyone want to have a go at this guy be my guess…

forum.protestwarrior.com/viewforum.php?f=10

[quote=Valtiel]Any one over at the protestwarrior 36th chamber message boards knows this guy, so far he’s twisted catholic history to show st. patrick was a protestant, I mean for crying out loud he muddles, twists and retards everything. Anyone want to have a go at this guy be my guess…

forum.protestwarrior.com/viewforum.php?f=10
[/quote]

I have been going back and forth with him here…
forum.protestwarrior.com/viewtopic.php?p=9628625#9628625

Do a search on my name for any time in the last 8 months. I’ve gone dozens upon dozens of pages of rounds with him. He is truly terrible. You see right through him, refute him, and he ignores it and launches something else at you. It’s impossible to ignore him because as a voluminous scripture-citer, he has the appearance of credibility and his attacks must be addressed. He doesn’t know what he’s talking about, of course–he just tells you what the scripture REALLY means, despite it’s plain meaning. Often his interpretation contradicts the “plain meaning.” No matter, though, he always falls back on attacking ridiculous Catholic caricatures.

He is ignorant, and he reads with blindfolds on…sheesh, I wonder if I was that bad before I converted (I think not, because I converted, lol) :wink:

[quote=E.E.N.S.]He is ignorant, and he reads with blindfolds on…sheesh, I wonder if I was that bad before I converted (I think not, because I converted, lol) :wink:
[/quote]

Thats a complete and utter understatement, but yeah like montanaman said, he does sound credible and such, wish somebody would at least put him in his place…

That’s the maddening thing–it’s impossible to “put him in his place.” When the basis of everything you believe is a self-referential worldview based on private interpretation, the neat side effect is that you’re never wrong.

I have my suspicions that he’s he’s living with his fiance right now, and that spawns an utter aversion to facing sin. For him, it IS all based on one work–memorizing lines of scripture. Disagree with him, and he’ll find the verse that was written two thousand years ago to refute you–personally. :wink:

EENS was doing a good job with him, but I already see the exhasperation. It’s impossible to discuss anything with someone who only has one setting–forward. The only kind of dialogue Centurion understands is when people are listening to him.

Take turns. One person go at it with him until you get sick of it and then give way to another.

Hopefully at worst you’re helping all the browsers. :slight_smile:

I went to the forum…curiosity geting the better of me… and I found a post dealing with Popes and their oppression towards the Jews

forum.protestwarrior.com/viewtopic.php?t=92356&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

what is most concerning is the evidence that mickey presented there on regards to Popes’ dealings with Jews. (5th page 3rd post down)

Any comments

[quote=Lazerlike42]Take turns. One person go at it with him until you get sick of it and then give way to another.

Hopefully at worst you’re helping all the browsers. :slight_smile:
[/quote]

I’m back from my self-imposed exile from there now. I don’t intend to get into it with him too much since he’s worse than a rabid atheist, but the trick is to keep to small, short points. When he inevitably doesn’t answer direct questions, keep calling him on it. He goes away for a while. I also mopped him up on a sola scriptura debate. Another of his rhetorical tricks is to keep repeating his proposition ad nauseum. Throw that back at him and you’ll get a few hours peace…

[quote=montanaman]That’s the maddening thing–it’s impossible to “put him in his place.” When the basis of everything you believe is a self-referential worldview based on private interpretation, the neat side effect is that you’re never wrong.

I have my suspicions that he’s he’s living with his fiance right now, and that spawns an utter aversion to facing sin. For him, it IS all based on one work–memorizing lines of scripture. Disagree with him, and he’ll find the verse that was written two thousand years ago to refute you–personally. :wink:

EENS was doing a good job with him, but I already see the exhasperation. It’s impossible to discuss anything with someone who only has one setting–forward. The only kind of dialogue Centurion understands is when people are listening to him.
[/quote]

Where I don’t see them, what is EENS’ name over there???

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.