"C'est Moi". Suggestions for manly, non-romantic, songs

“I Walk the Line” sung by Johnny Cash. Really any song by him due to his voice.

Oh, that reminds me… “Mmmmmmm” by Crash Test Dummies. Vocals don’t get any deeper and masculine than that…

“Sixteen Tons”’ (by Tennessee Ernie Ford) - ‘if you see me comin’ better step aside, a lotta men didn’t, a lotta men died’ - I swear I’m getting hair on my chest just thinking about it :slight_smile:

Jimmy Barnes-working class man
youtube.com/watch?v=pwIdbN1QW24

I was only 19
Discalimer/warning:some might find some parts of the clip too graphic
youtube.com/watch?v=Urtiyp-G6jY&feature=fvwrel

and let’s not forget the Anvil Chorus

youtube.com/watch?v=MaeTt7Flamg

You gotta love the classics.

Thanks so much for all the responses. I’ve enjoyed reading them and watching some of the videos.

I can’t pick up all the good comments, but here’s a few:

Aussie songs (suggested by LilyM). Here’s some of my favourites:

Khe Sanh - Cold Chisel
Leaving the Land - Eric Bogle
Up there Cazaly! :thumbsup: It doesn’t get more Aussie and blokey than this!

Sea Shanties. I never would have thought of that, so checked youtube, and found this ripper - Santy Anno

Cowboy songs. Reminded me think of Rawhide, from the Blues Brothers. The theme’s from High Noon and Bonanza are also great “man” songs.

Any kid from the 60’s will remember “Daniel Boone was a man, Yes a biiiig man!” for the 6’6" (or something like that) Fes Parker

Iron Maiden, in a tribute to World War I fighters: Passchendael

“Khe Sanh” by Cold Chisel - YES! Great song.

how about… “Now I Wanna Sniff Some Glue” by the Ramones.

(just kidding… but it’s definitely not romantic)

Any man who does not love his mom isn’t manly!

On second thought, you’re right! So let’s also add Gigli’s singing of “Mamma” and Rosenblatt’s “My Yiddishe Momme.”

Lead Me by Sanctus Real

youtube.com/watch?v=yLr6G8Xy5uc&ob=av2e

It’s all about the role of man in the family. One of my favorite songs lyrically. A song about man as the leader of his family is manlier than electric guitar riffs and loud vocals (and trust me, I really like electric guitar riffs and loud vocals).

I wouldn’t call it romantic, but it is mellow and could stir up emotions.

“If I were a rich man”, from Fiddler on the Roof - although I have a fond memory of my then 8 year old sister trying to sing it!

Poker Face-Lady Gaga

:wink:

The National - Runaway

That’s all I’ve got. The indie music I prefer to listen to is very neutered as a genre.

I also think this song is pretty manly, but most of you probably won’t be able to make it past the first 30 seconds:
Panda Bear - Tomboy

LOL!

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.