In numerous posts that I’ve read on CAF it is often part of people’s answers to contact the diocesan chancery. Here in the UK one hardly seems to here much mention of them. I think in the UK diocesan chanceries only do the minimum required on them in Cann. 482 to 491. What do chanceries do in American dioceses do?

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit