Change

Hello sometimes I feel called to priesthood, however my normal life is going to the other direction. Personally I would really want to marry someone and go that way. Sometime I pray to ask God if I can “change” my call to marriage.
Is this possible?

[quote="nano85, post:1, topic:224642"]
Hello sometimes I feel called to priesthood, however my normal life is going to the other direction. Personally I would really want to marry someone and go that way. Sometime I pray to ask God if I can "change" my call to marriage.
Is this possible?

[/quote]

Technically you can do both, it's just an Ordained man can not marry, but a married man can be ordained under canon law, in the Eastern Catholic Church anyway, in the west, it can be done, but it is unlikely the Holy Father would grant dispensation unless you were a Anglican or Protestant Minister.

Discern, sometimes i feel called to the Priesthood, and at other times I don't, im going to uni to study Theology (which keeps my options open to entering seminary, or continueing my education) to learn and discern exactly what God's will for me is, just trust in Christ, once you are sure of God's will for you, follow it (:

May God Bless, and my prayers are with you.

[quote="nano85, post:1, topic:224642"]
Hello sometimes I feel called to priesthood, however my normal life is going to the other direction. Personally I would really want to marry someone and go that way. Sometime I pray to ask God if I can "change" my call to marriage.
Is this possible?

[/quote]

I understand what you mean, I have always felt called to both marriage and service of God. I think they key thing to remember is that God would not want you to be unhappy. Keep praying about it, it may help clear your mind. Also try speaking to someone, perhaps the priest at your church.

Felt call to the priesthood = 5 years in seminary system.

Met future wife = 33 years wonderful marriage.

Felt call to permanent diaconate = 5 years in formation and studies.

Ordained deacon = priceless :thumbsup:

C.M.B.
It is possible but I would highly encourage you to pray instead that He give you the grace to accept His will totally. He will never force anyone to do anything, we have free will, but you probably won't be truly happy until you do what He wants from you. Either vocation has huge sacrifices that require much faith and courage. Just remember two things: live in the here and now and He will never leave you!
You are in my prayers.

JMJDTF+
~Betsy

Totus tuus Maria! Let's see what the good God wills.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.