changing churches

I am a practicing Baptist and my husband is a lapsed Catholic and he has said he would return to church if me and our daughter was to go to Catholic church and it is my wish for him to return his life back to the Lord. I have no problem with this but do not fully know about what it will take to change religion even thou I do believe that Jesus is the son of God and I was baptized in the name of the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit. I was a Sunday school teacher for 4 years one in the pre-k then 3 in youth. We have only one Catholic Church in our town that has one English service and one Spanish service and my husband can attend either since he is Honduran and I am white and what would my daughter have to do also. She is only 6 but will be 7 in March. Confused:

make an appointment with the priest and/or the DRE (director of religious ed) and ask about joining RCIA (rite of Christian initiation for adults). Maybe you and your husband can attend the classes together. They usually start now and they will run up to Easter where you would be received into the Catholic church.
God Bless.

Ask the priest about RCIA. It will allow you to learn about the Faith and prepare you for Communion and Confirmation. You daughter would most likely join the other children in getting ready for First Holy Communion (and she would need to get Baptised.)

God Bless and welcome home!

Rite of Christian Initiation for Adults (RCIA) is for people who have already converted to Catholicism AND for people who have an interest in simply learning more about it.
I think they could answer your questions.

As to your daughter, you would need to contact the parish you are interested in attending.
Take it SLOW.

Anyway, welcome home! :thumbsup::):yup::bounce::clapping:

Welcome! Contact the Catholic parish in your area.

The Catholic Church recognizes Baptist baptisms as valid so will you need instruction in the faith, then Confirmation and First Communion. Your daughter will need to be Baptized and take instruction for First Communion, typically at age 7. Your husband, if Baptized and Confirmed in the Church, only needs to make a good confession to return.

Read the Catechism of the Catholic Church, or the ‘Compendium of the Catechism,’ both available free online, for more information about the Catholic Church. Hopefully you can put your Sunday School experience to use in the Church.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.