Chaplet of the Holy Wounds:

Hello. I’ve been passing the Chaplet of the Holy Wounds but I am having a hard time meditating on the Holy Wounds themself. What am I supposed to meditate on?

When I’ve prayed this chaplet I meditate on how Christ used his hands and feet during his life. His feet walking around to take the Gospel to people and climbing the hill to his crucifixion. His hands taking bread and wine to institute the Eucharist and blessing and healing people. The wound in his side showing his sacred heart and the love he has for us.

Thanks for sharing

If you have trouble focusing on the wounds themselves, look at a crucifix and think about the Passion in general. Think about the pain, the suffering, and the insults of the Passion-- and why they were worth suffering, and the love behind it all. Eventually, once you’re used to doing that, you can look to the Wounds themselves-- as Pope Francis put it,

Do not forget this: look at the crucifix, but to look within it. There is this beautiful devotion to pray an Our Father for each one of the five wounds: when we pray that Our Father, we seek to enter through Jesus’ wounds inside, inside, right to His heart. And there we will learn the great wisdom of Christ’s mystery, the great wisdom of the cross.

Is the Chaplet of the Holy Wounds the same thing as the Chaplet of the Holy Face?

No. They’re two different chaplets.

No. Not the same!

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.