Charismatic Episcopal Church

howdy. i just wanna see a Catholics view on the International Communion of the Charismatic Episcopal Church. i have recently “converted” i guess you could say to that church. and from what i get from it, is that its sorta a bridge between Protestants and Catholics. so check out the website and let me know what yall think! God bless!!
International Communion of the Charismatic Episcopal Church

[quote=metal4jesus]howdy. i just wanna see a Catholics view on the International Communion of the Charismatic Episcopal Church. i have recently “converted” i guess you could say to that church. and from what i get from it, is that its sorta a bridge between Protestants and Catholics. so check out the website and let me know what yall think! God bless!!
International Communion of the Charismatic Episcopal Church
[/quote]

Hey!!

I think it is great that you have found a place with God and hope that you come to reach a good relationship with him.

I took a look at the website and I am impressed with the sense of international unity and care which the ICCEC have.

I met a pastor from the Charismatic Episcopal Church and he was a pretty nice guy, who had read some early Christian writings. If I meet him again I will invite him into the Church.

It seems like a church created as a solution for those who want to be Catholic but just can’t seem to go all the way to calling themselves Catholic. There is a lot of pressure not to be Catholic subconciously and by outside influences and this is a way for many to almost believe the exact same thing and test the waters.

This is ok as a stepping stone, and as a way to understand liturgical historical Christianity. But if you retain an anti-catholic attitude or foster a separatist sort of belief then this is just pretty much rejecting Catholicism and setting up a more comfortable setting for convenience sake.

God Bless
Scylla

[quote=scylla]I met a pastor from the Charismatic Episcopal Church and he was a pretty nice guy, who had read some early Christian writings. If I meet him again I will invite him into the Church.

It seems like a church created as a solution for those who want to be Catholic but just can’t seem to go all the way to calling themselves Catholic. There is a lot of pressure not to be Catholic subconciously and by outside influences and this is a way for many to almost believe the exact same thing and test the waters.

This is ok as a stepping stone, and as a way to understand liturgical historical Christianity. But if you retain an anti-catholic attitude or foster a separatist sort of belief then this is just pretty much rejecting Catholicism and setting up a more comfortable setting for convenience sake.

God Bless
Scylla
[/quote]

yea i think youre right about ‘me not wantin to be called catholic’ but its just hard cuz i was taught my whole life that catholicism is a cult. and if i told my familty that i wanted to be catholic, they would probly disown me. lol. well mabye not be that harsh. but they would really not like it, even if i tell them all the truth ive been foundin out about the CC. but even the people at my church call themselves catholics. i could tell my mom didnt like the fact that i was goin to the CEC church tho. so i guess just pray for me with the parent situation. God bless. thanx

[quote=metal4jesus]yea i think youre right about ‘me not wantin to be called catholic’ but its just hard cuz i was taught my whole life that catholicism is a cult. and if i told my familty that i wanted to be catholic, they would probly disown me. lol. well mabye not be that harsh. but they would really not like it, even if i tell them all the truth ive been foundin out about the CC. but even the people at my church call themselves catholics. i could tell my mom didnt like the fact that i was goin to the CEC church tho. so i guess just pray for me with the parent situation. God bless. thanx
[/quote]

Just make sure that you are not choosing your family over what God is telling you to do.

If God is wanting you to become Catholic with a Big C, don’t ignore His call.

We sometimes must do very hard things. Make sure you aren’t putting things off out of discomfort, but only from a sincere conscience.

I will pray for you. Either way, you have a hard road to travel.

God Bless,
Maria

You might want to see these threads, which discuss the CEC:

forums.catholic.com/showthread.php?t=82562

forums.catholic.com/showthread.php?t=68727

Joe

Charismatic Episcopal Church
DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.