charismatic gifts

dear friends,

would you kindly pray so I can receive + exercise gift of healing + gift of discerning, if it is God"s will, pls?

God bless.

Extraordinary gifts are not to be rashly desired nor is it from them that the fruits of apostolic labors are to be presumptuously expected. Those who have charge over the Church should judge the genuineness and proper use of these gifts, through their office, not indeed to extinguish the Spirit but to test all things and hold fast to what is good (cf. 1 Thes. 5:12, 19- 21). Lumen Gentium 12]

[quote="SMOM, post:2, topic:291795"]
Extraordinary gifts are not to be rashly desired nor is it from them that the fruits of apostolic labors are to be presumptuously expected. Those who have charge over the Church should judge the genuineness and proper use of these gifts, through their office, not indeed to extinguish the Spirit but to test all things and hold fast to what is good (cf. 1 Thes. 5:12, 19- 21). Lumen Gentium 12]

[/quote]

No offense, but that was kinda rash.;)

To ask for discernment is to ask for wisdom. Wisdom is a gift that we should all desire, to know what God wills. To ask to exercise a gift, whether ordinary or extraordinary is to place yourself in the service of the Church, for its upbuilding, the mission of every member of the Church.
Fr. D'Orio had the charism of healing. I like his response when a person upon whom he laid hands was not healed. "God is reminding me that it is He who heals and not I." What I would tell the OP is to not pray "if God wills," but rather "as God's Will" or "according to God's Will." The latter is a statement of faith. Jesus said, "If you have but the faith of a mustard seed, you will say to this mountain, 'Move from here to there,' and it will move. [Matt. 17:20]. For everyone who asks, receives [Luke 11:10].

I pray that God's will be done.

Remember that discernment is a gift that develops over time. Continue to submit yourself to God's Will, asking for His guidance in all things. It is good that you asked for this gift along with the gift of healing.

May our Lord grant you wisdom, discernment and peace. Amen. (Healing is not a gift we should ask for.)

Hail Mary...

Amen.

Soul of Christ, sanctify me.
Body of Christ, save me.
Blood of Christ, inebriate me.
Water from the side of Christ, wash me.
Passion of Christ, strengthen me.
O good Jesus, hear me.
Within Thy wounds, hide me.
Separated from Thee let me never be.
From the malignant enemy, defend me.
At the hour of death, call me.
To come to Thee, bid me,
That I may praise Thee in the company
Of Thy Saints, for all eternity. Amen.

1 Corinthians 12:8-10

Word of knowledge
Faith

Miracles
Prophecy
Distinguishing between spirits
Tongues
Interpretation of tongue and gift of healing
Word of wisdom,

I have been involved in charismatic movement, been baptize in Holy Spirit:)

Holy Spirit grant me charismatic gifts according your will.

Body of Christ, save me.
O good Jesus, hear me.
To come to Thee, bid me,

:rotfl" OP did conclude with “if it is God’s will”

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee.

Blessed are you among women, and blessed is the fruit of your womb Jesus.

Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners, now and at the hour of our death.

Amen.

Body of Christ, save me.
O good Jesus, hear me.
To come to Thee, bid me,

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.