Charity above all else

After continuing to read many posts one thing really springs to my mind.

If we are going to influence anyone and convert them to the truth, then CHARITY must be above all else.

Time and time again, people get into the practice of slamming eachother on this forum.

To be catholic, is to be charitable, patient, kind and an imitation of Our Blessed Lord himself.

Do you really believe that Our Blessed Lord would have conducted himself in this uncharitable manner?

I just wanted to make people realise that if we do not have charity, we do not have anything.

Love your enemies…and pray for those who persecute you.

Blessed be God in all things.

Amen!

Charity is paramount, I can fervently disagree with someone but that dosen’t give me the right to be unchariatible. On the flip side of this is to make sure that our deisre to be charitable dosen’t degrade into an indifference of our differences.

[quote=tradcatmel]After continuing to read many posts one thing really springs to my mind.

If we are going to influence anyone and convert them to the truth, then CHARITY must be above all else.

Time and time again, people get into the practice of slamming eachother on this forum.

To be catholic, is to be charitable, patient, kind and an imitation of Our Blessed Lord himself.

Do you really believe that Our Blessed Lord would have conducted himself in this uncharitable manner?

I just wanted to make people realise that if we do not have charity, we do not have anything.

Love your enemies…and pray for those who persecute you.

Blessed be God in all things.
[/quote]

AMEN! AMEN! and again, AMEN! :clapping:

• Liberian

Please kick me hard if I ever post anything uncharitable …

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.