Charles Barkley: ‘Unintelligent’ Blacks ‘Brainwashed’ To Keep Successful Black Men Down

Charles Barkley certainly has a different perspective.

dailycaller.com/2014/10/25/charles-barkley-unintelligent-blacks-brainwashed-to-keep-successful-black-men-down-video/

Barkley said that young black men who do well in school are accused of “acting white” by their peers.

This reminds me of a story I read in the local news, years ago.

It was about a First Nations young man, being harrassed and hit by other First Nations, for acting white.

The problem is, if middle class values are rejected, what is left is remaining mired in the lower classes.

This is certainly not to say that being white means being responsible and respectful and maintaining good work habits and dressing the part of the world of business and the working classes.

It does mean that that is how many minorities view whites as being, and if that has been Barkley’s experience, he is likely in a position to know what he is talking about.

Not being black I’m in no position to know whether this is true or not, but it certainly has the ring of truth. Of course, every ethnicity has its share of unintelligent kooks. The white corollary might be people who try to blame their problems on minorities or immigrants or whoever.

I’m of African descent (on my mother’s side), and I believe what he said is the truth.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.