Chartres Pilgrimage

Just thought I’d say, I was in France last weekend for the annual Pentecost pilgrimage from Notre Dame de Paris to Notre Dame de Chartres. It was AMAZING! It was an incredible feeling, marching through the heart of Paris then out through the French countryside, 70 miles in 3 days, daily Traditional Latin Mass, about 10,000 Catholics, mostly young people, marching with banners and crosses held high, singing the rosary in Latin. We’re too used to whispering about our faith here in the UK, it was amazing to be in an environment and surrounded by people who are happy to sing and shout about the Catholic faith.

Anyway, I’m back, and my feet have finally recovered. I’d thoroughly recommend it to anyone who gets the opportunity, but I’d also recommend doing a lot of training first, walking 30 miles a day for 2 days in a row takes it out of you! By the end, you know you’re being carried by the Lord, because you certainly couldn’t do it in your own strength.

Chartres sonne, Chartres t’apelle
Gloire, Honeur au Christ-roi
:smiley:

Blessings.

Sounds like an AWESOME experience, “DL”. Thank you so much, for sharing with us. These types of religious expressions are even more rarely seen in the United States. I can’t even imagine walking down a busy street… and seeing a procession such as you described.

What joy it would bring to so many hearts. God bless.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.