Chastity CD/DVD for 11 year old boy

Looking for a CD or DVD that teaches chastity to an 11 year old boy who has not yet gone through puberty.

Any ideas?

I think the boy’s father needs to talk to him honestly and sensitively. We don’t need books and DVDs to teach our children everything.

Start with this sexrespect.com/sevencs.html

As the mother of a teenage boy, I second this and would add this is a conversation that takes place from birth, little bits and pieces added. The idea of Christian chastity is strong when the foundation began on day one and each day another stone is placed in the wall. As the child ages, the conversations become more detailed.

If for some reason this has not been done, and the child is 11 years old - there is going to need to be some serious teaching done by father, and by mom.

I would suggest Coleen Mast’s work found at sexrespect.com/ she has a parent guide as well as a program for teens.

The next step as for teens would be Theology of the Body for Teens.

The Catholic Answers “Pure Love” club also has resources.

AND the boy’s mom. Having a DH who is uncomfortable discussing puberty, changes, etc., I have found that I have the one to discuss nearly all of these things with my boys. I am not at all uncomfortable, and besides, the subject usually comes up when I am driving them somewhere, so it is addressed immediately. I am the one to pick them up from parties, dances, and gatherings. Things are discussed immediately!

Get busy Dad! Your son needs this information.

If he is fairly innocent, why not start with this and work your way up:

shop.catholic.com/cgi-local/SoftCart.exe/online-store/scstore/p-B0529.html?L+scstore+zrvg4714ffabd2ab+1235774202

You will sooner or later have to provide actual information, and for that, Pure Love and Dr. Mast are great.

The version for girls is here:

http://shop.catholic.com/cgi-local/SoftCart.exe/online-store/scstore/p-B0486.html?L+scstore+zrvg4714ffabd2ab+1235742478

I just bought “Chastity, Sex, and the Young Man” by Fr. Herbert Raterman from Roman Catholic Books. It was recommended by another person on this forum. I just got it today and it is really very good. The priest who wrote it taught sex ed in Catholic schools in I think the midwest for years and years. I am going to have my husband read it to our son who is 10.

I think my husband would get tongue tied if he had to talk without backup. Maybe he’ll be better when he gets to sons 2 and 3.

I can talk better to the kids, but then I’m the one who’s around when the questions are asked. It’s quite a different situation when you have to be the one to bring it up, and you don’t know “where the kids are” in terms of what they know. So don’t feel bad, just buy the book? I also have the others above. We’re lucky, there are a lot of really good resources out there to give us a jump start!

Buy a book called “The Joyful Mysteries of Life”.

It is a WONDERFUL Catholic book on chastity and explains puberty and the ‘facts of life’ by using the Mysteries of the Rosary, and constantly referring back to Jesus, Mary, the Saints.
I can’t recommend this book enough.

www.chcweb.com

(catholic heritage curricula homeschool site. do a search on products).

I think the title is “Charity and Sex and the Young Man”. Just in case you do an internet search to order it. Correct me if I’m wrong.

Yes, you’re right, sorry. I WAS going to go get it before I typed. I should have!

I will second the Joyful Mysteries of Life. I have that one, too.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.