Cheryl Cole is 'dropped by US X Factor'

[quote="LemonAndLime, post:20, topic:241747"]
I quite like NY accents :D.

Not so keen on that Southern drawwwwwwwwl, well, some of them. A few do sound attractive.

[/quote]

I love the accents in the TV show True Blood. They're so wonderful. I used to know a family from Alabama and I thought their accents were brilliant.

[quote="PerfectTiming, post:21, topic:241747"]
I love the accents in the TV show True Blood. They're so wonderful. I used to know a family from Alabama and I thought their accents were brilliant.

[/quote]

Those are the ones I mean. I can listen to that program all day. :thumbsup:

The Simpsons-style Cletus one though, which I have heard in some American films... uughhhhh. I feel like giving elocution lessons.

[quote="LemonAndLime, post:22, topic:241747"]
Those are the ones I mean. I can listen to that program all day. :thumbsup:

The Simpsons-style Cletus one though, which I have heard in some American films... uughhhhh. I feel like giving elocution lessons.

[/quote]

Oh yeah that's a horrible kind of accent. Though to be honest we have just as bad ones here. Have you ever watched The Only Way Is Essex? I can only manage about three minutes and then my head wants to explode.

I think the way Cheryl Cole talks is just fine and find her accent pretty.

I don't think people should be prejudiced against her due to her style of English.

My background: I've worked with foreign languages for years, speak Spanish in particular, and have come into contact with non-native English speakers with a wide variety of accents. I relish linguistic differences!
:)

I also have a tendency to start picking up the different accents of whoever I happen to be in close contact with on a daily basis, whether it be Japanese, Mexican, French, German ... I tend to pray the Our Father and Hail Mary with an Irish accent from listening to a Rosary CD by Dana.

:o

[quote="PerfectTiming, post:23, topic:241747"]
Oh yeah that's a horrible kind of accent. Though to be honest we have just as bad ones here. Have you ever watched The Only Way Is Essex? I can only manage about three minutes and then my head wants to explode.

[/quote]

Ewwwww! One of my male housemates is from Essex, and he has an Essex attitute to women as well as that awful voice! When his girlfriend comes over... oh my. I once overheard her saying in that awful Essex accent "I swear that the longer we wait for this takeaway, the longer it takes." :confused::confused::confused:

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.