Chicago Blackhawks!

http://www.free-wallpaper-download.com/sport/NHL/Chicago-Blackhawks.jpg

:extrahappy: :extrahappy: :extrahappy: :extrahappy: :extrahappy: :extrahappy:

Haha yep pretty cool. I'm not a hockey fan, but it's cool that a Chicago team won it all :D

They did it! Very Awesome! :thumbsup:

I hardly pay any attention to hockey any more.
I merely want Lord Stanley's cup back in Canada.

At least it goes to a team from the northern US and to a team that hasn't won the cup since 1961.
** GOOD FOR THEM!!**

Next year the Leafs will win. Again.
[ATTACH]8065[/ATTACH]

It was 1938. Two teens from Brighton Park ambled along Archer Avenue to the crux of this city: Chicago's Stadium; where North meets South. There these brothers bought what little they could afford, during the Depression; the cheap tickets of that Upper Deck. And they watched, witnessed our Blackhawks achieve Glory: the Stanley Cup.

Seventy Two years have intervened since they together sat there. And one most trying. Between last season's end and this, first Bob then Ken saw their final games.

Tonight I put up their pictures in front of the television set that my Grandpa and I experienced other significant sports events before. And we were all united again.

In France, there's a tradition that calls those sort of second balcony seats from which their eyes once looked upon an ice-y skating rink: "Paradise." As the Hawks hoisted the Cup tonight, I think of them together there celebrating in glory so long awaited; at last finally fulfilled.

Woohooo!!! I am so tired today. I was up way too late watching postgame. It’s really surreal. You follow a team for so long and go to so many games, and the payoff finally comes! Now every Chicago team has won a championship in my lifetime except the Cubs which is ok because I’m a White Sox fan. :o

http://d.yimg.com/a/p/ap/20100610/capt.4903ff2147c946bebc2ce42ae8c2d47f-4903ff2147c946bebc2ce42ae8c2d47f-0.jpg?x=278&y=345&q=85&sig=p5yc0VqyI3SiKqJN8mqLpg--

Ha! You mean, you’re not 102 years old? :stuck_out_tongue:

If not for poor ol’ Bartman, things might have ended up differently. It is my opinion that Bartman single-handedly staved off the Parousia. I am quite sure that if the Cubs, the Red Sox, and the White Sox all won consecutive World Series titles, hell would have frozen over. :stuck_out_tongue:

The Chicago Cubs and their fans are proof positive in this world of the existence of purgatory.

All hail the Indian!

:thumbsup:

The Cubs are getting pretty lonely down there at the bottom of the “when did you last win a championship” list. :wink:

[quote="Joe_5859, post:7, topic:201410"]
Ha! You mean, you're not 102 years old? :p

If not for poor ol' Bartman, things might have ended up differently. It is my opinion that Bartman single-handedly staved off the Parousia. I am quite sure that if the Cubs, the Red Sox, and the White Sox all won consecutive World Series titles, hell would have frozen over. :p

[/quote]

After Boston won and then the White Sox, I was getting conspiracy theory-crazy. But the Cubs didn't let me down. :o

They still ****. :D What can I say, I root for the Blues (AKA the Cubs of the NHL). :shrug:

[quote="pete_29, post:11, topic:201410"]
They still ****. :D What can I say, I root for the Blues (AKA the Cubs of the NHL). :shrug:

[/quote]

**Yeah Pete, i'm with you!

Congrats to the Blackhawk fans!

(We're not quite the Cubs of the NHL, we're not even near half way to the 100+ years of Cub futility!)
Sancta Maria, Mater Dei, Ora Pro Nobis Peccatoribus!

mark

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.