Chick Track on the Eucharist

I recently read a Chick Track on the Eucharist and they made a wild claim that the “IHS” stands for ancient gods of Egypt. What does it really mean?

It is an Iota, Eta, and Sigma which are the first three letters of the name “Jesus” in Greek.

You will also sometimes see “IHC” because ‘C’ is an older way of making a capital Sigma.

The Greek letters “IHS”, when translated in their spelled-out
form, translate to “Jesus, Our Savior”, rather than the tired, old “Isis, Horus, Set” canard Jack Chick would have you believe. I recommend that you take everything Jack Chick says with a grain of salt the size of Gibraltar. :twocents:

I guess I have been out of the loop :blush: I did not know that garbage was still printed :smiley:

Gottle of Geer addressed this all in another thread,. I will check to see if I can find the link.

Gottle makes the best case I have ever seen to fight this slop.:thumbsup:

forums.catholic.com/showthread.php?t=155845

As promised!:wink:

Check out Micheal’s (GOG’s) posts! I am telling you, print off his posts and make your own tract! (ask him first:o )

I would like to see anyone fight this with him. No way they can win.:nope:

You mean Chick is spreading known un-truths??? :eek:

The next thing you’ll tell me is that Kansas really IS**** in color!!!

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.