Childhood memory

Please pray for my mind,I have a strong memory of being punched by another boy in my street when we were infants,the problem is I still see his very angry eyes staring down at me after he hit me and I fell down.

I’m not coping very well with this vision in my mind of his hateful and vengeful eyes staring at me.it presses into my mind badly.

I don’t know how to get rid of it,don’t know if I need prayers from a Priest against evil eyes or so.

God bless

there is no such thing as an evil eye, especially from one infant to another
if you have any memory or spiritual affliction that causes you spiritual anxiety take it to a priest. That is always the first step. Always. nobody here can help you. If you have an affliction that seems psychological in origin, get professional help that way.

Why not use a little spiritual judo against this attack by Satan?

Every time you suffer from this issue, offer it up in reparation for sins to Jesus through the Immaculate Heart of Mary.

Also, pray the Rosary. It is the scourge of the devil!

I am praying for you.

Praying.

You say you were infants, yet you fell down after being hit??? Were you standing and fighting. How old were you?

If you are having difficulty dealing with a memory that presented a great deal of fear, you need the help of a mental health professional. The fact is, what you are going through is not that uncommon. One of the fallouts of being the victim of a bully can be a sort of repressed fear/anger that manifests itself in a recurring image. Often, the image brings back an intense fear or anger and the image is often brought back by smells, feelings, sights or sounds.

While prayer is always helpful, sometimes God answers prayer with the good people that are in a position to offer a solution. Don’t be afraid to ask for help…

Since you posted this in the prayer intentions forum, I am offering up a prayer for you …

Praying for you.

Sorry maybe infants is the wrong word,I mean very young boys,probably 5 or 6 years.

We were picking plums in his backyard,a very red one fell off the tree,I went to pick it up and he ran over howling that it was his plum and he punched me and I fell down,and I still see him looking at me with anger.

You are right,I do have fear from this,

During my young adulthood I had enormous anger which I let out to those around me.

I have peace nowadays,and am receiving medical help,but I’ve never spoken over this issue with any professional,just Priests.

Will talking about this to some sort of Doctor help?

May the Lord heal you of your anger and fear through deep prayer and a devout sacramental life. May a cognitive therapist be able to help you if talking about it with priests doesn’t seem to be enough for you. May the Lord heal your memories and give you peace in the depths of your soul. Amen.

I would suggest if you know how to pray the rosary, do so. Also getting professional help is also a good thing. Sounds like you need some cognitive behavior therapy. Talking about past hurts helps us purge those feelings and thoughts and helps us cope when they come up again.
I will offer up the rosary for your healing tonight…
Also, here’s St. Michael’s prayer:

St. Michael the archangel,
Defend us in battle.
Be our protection against the wickedness and snares of the devil.
May God rebuke him, we humbly pray
And do Thou, O Prince of the heavenly Hosts,
By the power of God, cast into hell Satan
And all the evil spirits who prowl around the world
Seeking the ruin of souls. Amen.

Memorize this prayer dear one, and say it silently when those thoughts arise.
God bless you.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.