Children with different fathers?

I was with my ex partner for 4 years and we have a 1yr old girl. He left me 2 months ago, he said he didnt love me any more. I tried everything to keep the family together but i think he met somebody else. Obviously i feel my family isnt complete yet and im just wondering is it really bad to have babies with 2 different men? Im absolutley gutted i will never have a proper little family.

Thanks

[quote="Hev, post:1, topic:234155"]
I was with my ex partner for 4 years and we have a 1yr old girl. He left me 2 months ago, he said he didnt love me any more. I tried everything to keep the family together but i think he met somebody else. Obviously i feel my family isnt complete yet and im just wondering is it really bad to have babies with 2 different men? Im absolutley gutted i will never have a proper little family.

Thanks

[/quote]

It is not necessarily bad as long as it is done the right way. I would encourage you to seek out how you got here. In other words I would look at the dangers of cohabitation, as well as the importance the chastity. Looking at both of these things will help you to be able to form a stronger relationship with a stronger man that will be willing to be faithful to yourself, any children that you have together, a marriage, and a child that he will be raising as his own. God bless you and please come home.

Thanks

[/quote]

It's gravely wrong and harmful to the children to have **any **babies with men you aren't married to.

Talk to your priest in confession, ask Christ for forgiveness for past behavior, and make a firm committment to be chaste until marriage.

Find a man who is serious about his Catholic faith and marriage.

So you had a partnership that eventually broke up, that happens in most partnerships:

Partnership: More generally, a relationship of two or more entities conducting business for mutual benefit.

Once it’s not mutually beneficial one or the other leaves - especially when a more lucrative offer presents itself. Instead of a partnership you need a marriage:

Marriage: The institution whereby men and women are joined in a special kind of social and legal dependence for the purpose of founding and maintaining a family.

Prayers, dear...
It sounds like a difficult situation. I hope you are able to receive the sacrament of marriage one day.

Thanks

[/quote]

"Obviously I feel my family isn't complete yet."

Not obviously. What are you planning to do, go out and find another man to have another child or children with? What you need to do is take care of the child that you have right now, the one who won't have a "proper little family" because her parents didn't get married and her father left. You have a Herculean task ahead of you and instead of even thinking of getting pregnant again, you should be making sure that your living child is as well cared for as you can possibly manage. If you have living parents, take the baby and go back to them, and ask for their help in raising your baby. Eat dirt if you have to. Your daughter deserves some semblance of a healthy family, and you going out and finding another guy to have another baby with is NOT going to help!

What was missing in the first place was a MARRIAGE not a partnership. If that's the best that you think you can do, a partnership, then you are already one-down in life.

You have made a big mistake, but you can still make good out of it. Do the right thing by your little girl and don't make things worse.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.