Children's hospital launches sex change for kids program

worldnetdaily.com/index.php?fa=PAGE.view&pageId=62010

We really must pray very hard for the world when things like this are becoming practically public policy. I can’t believe it! :eek:
Pope Paul VI was a prophet about how our world would collapse on morality and ethics when it comes to the makeup of our families, our identities as men and as women, and now the sex of our children. Blessed Mother, Holy Spirit guide and protect us!

I recently read this reply and I heartily agree "Thus the world we will inherit once upon the slippery slope of live and let live and to each his own is the accepted mindset across the nation. G.K. Chesterton stated "when man stops believing in God it is not that they believe in nothing, it is that they believe anything. This “doctor” has violated the hypocratic oath, 1st do no harm. "

this is sick

:gopray2:

The World Net Daily article, mentioned by stbruno , is based upon an article which appeared in the Boston Globe. Here is that article:
boston.com/bostonglobe/ideas/articles/2008/03/30/qa_with_norman_spack/?p1=Well_MostPop_Emailed5

I can understand about concern about providing hormones to teens, but is there any danger from delaying puberty? (Pathia has already responded to this question in one of the earlier threads regarding this news article).

**But “for others,” he wrote, “you lose opportunities if you wait. [One of my patients, a] transgendered girl from the UK, was destined to be a 6-foot-4 male. With treatment, she’s going to end up 5-foot-10.”

**That quote does it for me. As much as i know how innappropriate south park is for this forum, i can’t help but think of the episode where a rogue plastic surgeon was making people into dolphins to release “the dolphin” within.

At my university they made the bathrooms gender neutral. There is a new generation of radicals pushing their ideas on society and we must speak up.

I thought there were would be laws to stop minors from getting plastic surgery. or any body altering surgery? as i understand it. you can’t get a nose job until you’re i think 16 or 18. i could be wrong.

It’s not plastic surgery, it’s hormone therapy to make sure the pesky parts that get in the way of plastic surgery later aren’t such a large problem. It makes “treatment” of the disorder easier.

To answer leftistdestroye, yes. I have gotten involved in our local school politics and spoken up at meetings where these thigns were being decided. I’m not sure what exactly to do, other than pray.

Good news! Keep it up! :thumbsup: I am not sure what to do either, but I can tell you this: I have had it. I am going to begin a new phase, one where a little anger will be shown. I could be wrong, but I think that the conservative Catholics have reached a boiling point. I plan on testing those waters and seeing just how fed up we really are. We talk politley, and the Liberals win. Time for a new method of combat, I think. Just my opinion, but I am gunna try and find out.

If you search for the Boston Globe interview with this doctor, he explains his reason for trying to help these adolescents. These children are often desperate and suicidal because of their conflicted, transgendered state. Whether being transgendered is a psychological or biological issue is beyond me, but it clearly is a real issue which causes real torment in these people. He is trying to help them - a much more Christian response, I’d say, than calling these teens “sick,” ostracizing them, and allowing them to kill themselves. That is just my thought, though.

I think it is compassionate to offer cross-gender hormones to transsexual teens. It helps minimize the irreversible changes which will otherwise occur, changes which will make their lives even more difficult.

I heartily disagree.

They are sick. I don’t mean like, disgusting, but actually mentally ill. Sick, still means sick. These CHILDREN need some help and need to toughen up. Helping one to sin, is not Christian.

It is a sin, to enable sin, and that is what will be happening. Are you saying that God made a mistake withese CHILDREN?

I am saying that Nature made a mistake with these teens. I think it is misleading to call them children, when the term is usually reserved for those in grade school. Perhaps we can compromise and refer to them as minors?

Children’s hospital launches sex change for kids program”

Child:

a. A person between birth and puberty.
b. A person who has not attained maturity or the age of legal majority.

“Children as young as 12 already have been given the treatment.”

“The puberty-blocking drugs work best at the beginning of the pubital process, typically age 10 to 12 for a girl and 12 to 14 for a boy,”

We are not lawyers here, can we skip the semantics? This man should be in prison for what he is doing. I will not call them minors, they are too young for this! Are you a Catholic???

But is this treatment they received to block puberty or was it cross-gender hormones?

“The puberty-blocking drugs work best at the beginning of the pubital process, typically age 10 to 12 for a girl and 12 to 14 for a boy,”

Yes, exactly. Puberty blocking drugs have a reversible effect. The idea is to buy time, while the family decides how best to proceed. For this, children (those before puberty) have been treated. But blocking puberty is quite a different matter than taking cross-gender hormones, the effects of which are largely irreversible.

This man should be in prison for what he is doing.

Are you suggesting that he is breaking a law, or are you saying you want a law passed which would disallow puberty blocking drugs for pre-teens. Or a similar law passed forbidding the provision of cross-gender hormones to teens.

Are you a Catholic???

Yes, are you?

To block puberty.

Yes, exactly. Puberty blocking drugs have a reversible effect. The idea is to buy time, while the family decides how best to proceed. For this, children (those before puberty) have been treated. But blocking puberty is quite a different matter than taking cross-gender hormones, the effects of which are largely irreversible.

How about letting nature take it’s course? And blocking puberty in children is just as bad as “cross-gender” hormones. Children are way too young to be doing this to. If they want to do it when they are an adult, then, whatever.

Are you suggesting that he is breaking a law, or are you saying you want a law passed which would disallow puberty blocking drugs for pre-teens. Or a similar law passed forbidding the provision of cross-gender hormones to teens.

This is child abuse. None of this stuff should be done to a child!

Yes, are you?

Yeah, I was baptized this year. This stuff is not condoned by the Church. I am new, but I know that much.

Why did “nature” make the mistake?
Kathy

Hi Kathy,

The causes of transsexualism are poorly understood. Since transsexual feelings are often voiced in childhood (before puberty), it is often thought that the causes are biological, either genetic or having to do with fetal development. I know of one small study which points out that male to female transsexuals have brain structures commonly found in women, instead of men.
jcem.endojournals.org/cgi/content/full/85/5/2034

Dale

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.