China Building Sexually Explicit Theme Park

China is building a sexually explicit theme park called “Love Land” in the apparent hopes that it will break the taboo subject of sex and make people more likely to seek treatment for sexually transmitted diseases and infertility. See FOX News.
Love Land is set to open in October in the southwestern metropolis of Chongqing and will feature exhibitions about sexual history and how to use condoms properly. It will also host sex technique workshops, the China Daily newspaper said.

A picture of the main entrance shows a signboard bearing the park’s name being straddled by a giant pair of women’s legs topped by a red thong.
The manager of the park, Lu Xiaoqing, claims that China is “. . . building the park for the good of the public. Sex is a taboo subject in China but people really need to have more access to information about it.”

The Chinese government launched a national sex education campaign earlier this year, and apparently the park was inspired by a similar park on South Korea’s Jeju Island, which is also called Loveland.

As you might expect, the park has generated a lot of heated discussion. One blogger wrote “[o]verseas, this park would be considered artistic. But in Chongqing, it’s just vulgar.” Other Chinese have been supportive of the park, saying they don’t object to the park.

Park Manager Lu is clearly happy with all the debate. He says “I have found that the majority of people support my idea but I have to pay attention and not make the park look vulgar and nasty.”

One thing’s for sure, this certainly isn’t Disneyworld we’re talking about. And I’m glad the manager is concentrating on making the park look tasteful, otherwise I would be worried about the photo below which accompanied the news article.

(Look at the photo on the website)

onenewsnow.com/Blog/Default.aspx?id=530872

:rotfl:

Well…you take God out of the system, and garbage like that tends to crop up. And shame on whoever it’s artistic to.

There is a link on Fox News to a The Times (London?) article that says it’s already under the wrecking ball. That didn’t last long!

LOL!! I doubt that’s going to be any success. It’s funny that they felt the need to build it because the people there have some common decency. God bless 'em.

The manager of the park, Lu Xiaoqing, claims that China is ". . . building the park for the good of the public. Sex is a taboo subject in China but people really need to have more access to information about it.

As you might expect, the park has generated a lot of heated discussion. One blogger wrote “[o]verseas, this park would be considered artistic. But in Chongqing, it’s just vulgar.”

Apparently after pictures of the theme park appeared in the media, China’s leaders arranged for a quick weekend inspection of the park and then ordered the park to be razed.

Sex is a taboo subject in China but people really need to have more access to information about it.

China has over 1.33 billion people… I think they already figured it out :slight_smile:

Quote: article:
China is building a sexually explicit theme park called “Love Land” in the apparent hopes that it will break the taboo subject of sex and make people more likely to seek treatment for sexually transmitted diseases and infertility.

Considering China’s one child policy I would think that infertility would be looked at as a “blessing” by the government.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.