On March12, the Chinese state council information office issued a “2009 America’s human rights record” in response to the U.S. State Department “Country Reports on Human Rights Practices 2009” to the world including China.
Here are some materials:
- Human rights record said there was the lack of proper protection of the American society, civic life, property and personal safety. The people in the United States owned the largest number of privately firearms in the world. Violent crimes on campus become the hardest hit.
- Human rights record said that it is very serious that the U.S. government restricts , violates the civil rights and political rights. U.S. law enforcement officers abuse their power. The prisons are overcrowding. The fundamental rights of prisoners can not be guaranteed.
- The United States proclaims “freedom of speech”, “freedom of the press”, "Internet freedom"on the one hand, but on the other hand, the American government monitored, restricted the civil liberties and rights in every mean just to meet their own interests and needs.
- Human rights record said that the poverty, unemployment, homelessness and other serious problems, the worker’s economic, social and cultural rights are not guaranteed in United States.
- Human rights record said that racial discrimination is still one of the major problem in American society. Blacks and other minorities are the poorest Americans.
- Human rights record mentioned the deteriorated living conditions of women and children in the United States, women and children’s rights are not duly protected. The United States is the only country not to apply to juvenile offenders released on parole.