China is trying to build its own ISLAND in our waters, claim the Philippines as tensions rise in Vietnam over another territory dispute that sparked riots in Hanoi

dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2631156/China-trying-build-ISLAND-waters-claim-Philippines-tensions-rise-Vietnam-territory-dispute-sparked-riots-Hanoi.html

[LIST]
*]Philippine foreign ministry claims Beijing is building airstrip on disputed reef
*]Minister says China has been moving earth and materials onto an island
*]Tensions already high after China moved oil rig into area claimed by Vietnam
*]Beijing and Hanoi each accused the other of ramming ships in disputed area
*]Vietnam’s PM texts citizens urging them to defend country’s sovereignty
[/LIST]

The writing was on the wall about the Chinese when they invaded Tibet but everyone looked the other way, they have even gone further they told the British Govt when the Dalai Lama was over in England , it would be more in England’s best interest if they did not invite him to speak on Television etc, and sure enough the poor Dalai Lama spoke in no place, that is how vicious they are, and worse are the spineless people who take orders from them.

If I understand correctly, China invaded Tibet in October, 1950. At that time, the world powers were embroiled in the Korean War, and China had just entered on the side of the North Koreans. I am not sure what kind of leverage we could have had with China, since we were already fighting Chinese troops.

No, I’m pretty sure China ran the Buddhists out of Tibet a few years ago or something like that.

See the following article for a very brief summary, although as usually events are rather more complex than potted summaries.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Chamdo

The Daiai Lama has been in exile since 1959 as a result of the events surrounding the failed uprising in his country. China has actively destroyed and damaged thousands of Buddhist temples and shrines for many years now in Tibet, especially during the Cultural revolution.

I think I read the other day on the internet that china is evacuating all chinese nationals from viet nam because of the recent protests.

China seems to be making lots of enemies.

Didn’t Russia and China recently have joint military exercises?

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.