China reveals its ability to nuke the US

dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2484334/China-boasts-new-submarine-fleet-capable-launching-nuclear-warheads-cities-United-States.html

State-run media claims the Chinese military has missiles capable of hitting cities all across the U.S.
China's submarine fleet currently is on 'routine patrol.'
According to Chinese media, this is the first time China has possessed 'effective underwater nuclear deterrence against the United States'

Well even if they don't conquer us with nukes, I am betting they would conquer us financially, seeing as we owe them tens of trillions of dollars worth of national debt...

All paid for by the garbage our fellow Americans buy at Walmart, The Christmas Tree Shop, and other “fine” retailers. :banghead:

No kiddin'?

:popcorn::popcorn::popcorn:

I guess they aren't lookin' ta get their money back.

Peace,
Ed

No major power has ever been conquered financially. Let’s say we default on debt we owe China. What are they going to do, invade? Launch their SLBMs at us (and endure the devastating response)? As long as you can maintain your armed forces, as well as produce food and goods for your people, then you defend your lands. The greatest (and scariest) example of how this works is with the Soviet Union, but also ironically with the PRC. Both of those governments boosted their economies after their revolutions by defaulting on sovereign debts.

Our leaders can willingly betray us. That’s always possible. But it won’t happen strictly because of finances.

Bringing their nukes into the equation is sort of like saying that default is not an option for Americans.

[quote="SeanF1989, post:1, topic:343987"]
dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2484334/China-boasts-new-submarine-fleet-capable-launching-nuclear-warheads-cities-United-States.html

[/quote]

I thought they already had that capability minus the subs. :shrug:

Dump the dollar and watch inflation soar and the market go wild.

I must question the accuracy of a state-run Chinese media outlet.

St. Joseph, terror of demons, pray for us.

Benedicat Deus
Latinitas

They can't nuke us. We owe them trillions of dollars and they wouldn't get paid.

[quote="PaulfromIowa, post:10, topic:343987"]
They can't nuke us. We owe them trillions of dollars and they wouldn't get paid.

[/quote]

Well, technically not trillion*S*. We owe them about $1.3 Trillion though…certainly not chump change.

businessinsider.com/who-we-owe-federal-debt-to-2013-10#ixzz2hWNWKeW7

A trillion dollar sell-off will cause an avalanche of selling by other countries. One can only dread what would happen. I don’t think this government has enough land, gold, or anything else to pay what we owe. We have only ourselves to blame for the enormous amount of debt we hold.

By living the message of Fatima, we can avert this disaster.

It would be strange if China imposed sanctions on the us or froze trade with them until paid. Of course that would mean you no longer had that debt and your domestic business would increase to manufacture lost imports, employment rises, wages rise, exports increase.:shrug:

I’d like to see us sever all economic ties with China, and then watch as a coming super power collapses.

[quote="Paddy_Walker, post:14, topic:343987"]
It would be strange if China imposed sanctions on the us or froze trade with them until paid. Of course that would mean you no longer had that debt and your domestic business would increase to manufacture lost imports, employment rises, wages rise, exports increase.:shrug:

[/quote]

Bernanke or Yellen would just replace that debt with printing more money. The price inflation caused would be catastrophic, probably worse than in the 70's.

We’d actually have to pay Americans to mass manufacture in several areas. Why would want to cheat ourselves out of unfair foreign labor.

If that's all it can do that's kind of pathetic. We had the ability to nuke the world 100x over during the Cold War.

Not that I'm celebrating any of that, just sayin' though that China's kinda pathetic right now.

[quote="ProVobis, post:16, topic:343987"]
The price inflation caused would be catastrophic, probably worse than in the 70's.

[/quote]

We'll be there in 10 years even if they stopped printing right now.

Seems like Bernanke is obsessed with "pushing on a string". :shrug:

Most of us lived through the cold war.
And the USSR had no financial interest in keeping us alive.

As scary items go, this is not one.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.