China to increase Military budget

I’m curious as to what America might do as it sees it’s current unequivocal lead in military, economic and industrial power being eaten away by Chinese, Indian and Russian competition. She already has an enormous debt, as does much of the West.

In some respects we’re in a more dangerous situation than we were during the Cold War, when there were only two major powers, and both enforced a certain discipline on their respective allies.

Now there are five axes of economic and military power - USA, China, India, Europe and the Russia Federation, with an unpredictable Islamic world controlling much of the world’s black gold. Meanwhile the loopy Iranians and North Koreans keep playing their stupid destabilising games, and Israel is armed to the gills to maintain her existence. And Russia, India and China have the restive Afghan and Pakistani nations between them.

The Japanese must also be wondering whether they should start re-arming in such a scenario.

[quote="Bob_Crowley, post:21, topic:189443"]
I'm curious as to what America might do as it sees it's current unequivocal lead in military, economic and industrial power being eaten away by Chinese, Indian and Russian competition. She already has an enormous debt, as does much of the West.

In some respects we're in a more dangerous situation than we were during the Cold War, when there were only two major powers, and both enforced a certain discipline on their respective allies.

Now there are five axes of economic and military power - USA, China, India, Europe and the Russia Federation, with an unpredictable Islamic world controlling much of the world's black gold. Meanwhile the loopy Iranians and North Koreans keep playing their stupid destabilising games, and Israel is armed to the gills to maintain her existence. And Russia, India and China have the restive Afghan and Pakistani nations between them.

The Japanese must also be wondering whether they should start re-arming in such a scenario.

[/quote]

True, Russia also has to deal with corruption and the threat of Chinese Invasion, India has to deal with Pakistan china has to deal with the Republic of China and Japan and North Korea plus the prospect of so many unused resorses in Siberia. Its going to be one interesting Century, with so much competition its going to take a miracle to keep America afloat.

This particular increase in military budget is likely a response to the US’s recent $6 billion arms deal with Taiwan. But in general, China and Russia have been getting more competitive. I think Russia even sold a $2 billion worth of arms to Libya a few months ago, and has been tring to get China to sell its US bonds, which would hurt the US economy.

With the US as overextended as it is, it will certainly have a hard time keeping itself in first place. I don’t think there can be much doubt anymore that China is now also a superpower, and a rising one at that.

:shrug: I thought the op was something along those line.

I wonder what China intends to do with this increase in military power?:hmmm:

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.