choirsinger

I am wondering if anyone knows much about a young Christian poet by the name of David Bowden? (Rapper) I discovered him today on youtube. His method is pretty cool, but I am not sure of his denomination. He appears to be non-denominational. I viewed some of his material and though I enjoyed some of it, I have some reservations. He appers in a video with Christian singer Matthew Maher, an artist whose work I have found in a Catholic hymnal " Spirit and Song 2" published by OCP.

Personally, I don’t know too much about him, but I did find his website for you. If you’d like more information about him, feel free to ask! :slight_smile:

davidbowdenpoetry.com/

Thank you quietsinger. Welcome home! Best wishes on your journey! I really enjoy this artist, and wish to learn more about him before I share his Ministry method with our youth at Church. We need to keep our youth involved, there are so many distractions out in this world. God Bless.

You are very welcome! Thank you so much! :smiley: I’ve only heard him a couple of times, and I’m not too familiar with him or his work, but I’d be more than happy to do some research for you. That’s a wonderful thing to do! You are very right. Most children and teens these days don’t see the importance of God, and how much we need Him in our lives, because of society today and their overall views on God.

Thank you quietsinger.

I would appreciate your help! I am not very talented with the computor! “It’s hard to teach an old dog new tricks” Your age group and younger is who I am trying to relate to. You have really inspired me! You give me hope for the future of the Church! Your family must be very proud of you. A lot of us “old folks” have not done a very good job of passing the traditions on. Though his message is based in Christianity and is very powerful, it is very important that the artist we are inquiring about is not part of the anti-Catholic movement, that is so common today. Our faith is just misunderstood by many who have not taken the time to experience the beauty and fullness of the Eucharistic Liturgy.:slight_smile: I do not wish to confuse our youth, Lord knows, there is enough of that!

You’re welcome!

Not a problem! I found an email address for him, but I think it goes through someone else before it goes to him. If you’d like, I can email him the type of information you are looking for, and let you know if I get a reply and what he says. Don’t worry about it! At least you are honest about it! If I may ask, what are you looking to teach/explain? I’m not sure how I did, but I’m glad I could do that for you! My parents won’t be very happy. If you’d like me to, I can send you a private message about why I’m converting. I think you guys are doing a wonderful job! :thumbsup: It’s certainly not your fault how society gets into the heads of all of these kids, especially when they’re in their teens and questioning their beliefs, religion, etc. Trust me, you guys are doing great! I understand that, and from some Christian artists I’ve heard of, very few are. But, that’s only from the few I’ve heard. I tend to lean more toward Gregorian Chant than anything else. You are very, very right. Some people can be so uptight about anything relating to the Catholic Church, and that really hurts me. Everyone makes mistakes, just like everyone has weaknesses. It’s natural to have those things, but it’s important to see through those mistakes and weaknesses in order to see the true beauty that lies beneath the scratched up surface. I have to agree with you there! :o Confusion surrounds us all the time!

quietsinger,

I am very sorry to have made assumptions on your family situation. My observation of you was mostly based in your maturity and insight. You are full of the Holy Spirit! It is rare
to see a young person so “fired up” for the Faith. If we could multiply your enthusiasm, our work would be easy. I guess to answer your question on what I am wanting to teach our youth, it is not so much teaching them, it is more like keeping their interest. David has a very interesting way of delivering scripture. I have to admit that I was moved by the message and thought that young people may relate to that method. My discovery of him was quite accidental, I was looking for ideas on how to start a “Praise” choir using some of the contemporary Catholic Christian music. In viewing some of his videos I thought I detected a slight negative at the RC church as “organized religion”. So I have some reservations. It is such an odd term. I guess the alternative would be disorganized religion??:shrug: I am a “cradle Catholic” so I may be biased. I have visited other non Catholic churches and have come away feeling that something was missing. I guess the Sacred traditions are what works for me. I guess I would very respectfully ask David how he honestly feels about the Catholic Church before I would share his work with our youth. I would not like to be considered hypocritical. I do not wish to put you in the middle of this. If you would foward the e-mail address, I can try to contact him. Thank you. I will keep you and your family in my prayers.

Blessings!

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.