Choosing a job or place away from the sacraments

Is it a sin to say, move to China, where the Catholic Church isn’t the Catholic Church?

No.

While your particular example is not really accurate-- the Chinese do have valid sacraments even in the state-approved Church-- the answer is no, it is not a sin to live in a place without access to the sacraments. People have done so down through the ages for various reasons. Saudia Arabia would be an example of a place where the Church may not have Mass.

It would be important to discuss this with a holy priest, and through prayer discern whether or not there are other options that would allow you to meet your work and faith obligations. And it would be prudent to have arrangements for receiving the sacraments periodically-- such as confession, Eucharist, baptism of any children, etc-- perhaps through visits to one's home country. I will say, though, that it can seriously impact the faith formation of any children that may be raised in such a circumstance. So, proceed with caution.

No. But why would a person do such a thing? Why risk your soul? Do you have other options?

[quote="corsair, post:3, topic:314228"]
No. But why would a person do such a thing? Why risk your soul? Do you have other options?

[/quote]

Why do you assume that I'm considering this?

I actually think it is a sin of omission in some cases, but that's my opinion.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.