Chopra Blames Own Meditation for Baja Quake

AOL News:

Chopra Blames Own Meditation for Baja Quake

(April 5) -- The U.S. Geological Survey  is blaming day-to-day seismological changes for Sunday's 7.2 earthquake  along the U.S.-Mexico border. But Deepak Chopra, the famed  alternative-medicine practitioner and transcendental meditation guru, is  pretty sure he knows what really happened.

“Had a powerful meditation just now – caused an earthquake in Southern California,” Chopra wrote to his nearly 179,000 Twitter followers shortly after the quake.
And then, to clarify: “Was meditating on Shiva mantra & earth began to shake,” he tweeted. “Sorry about that.”

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

You can’t make this stuff up.
Now that he has admitted liability the quake victims should sue him.

are we sure this wasn’t just tongue-in-cheek? It strikes me as such.

SpaceNeedle, let’s hope it’s tongue-in-cheek, because if this poor man is serious, he’s more delusional than I thought!

Has he been talking with Pat Robertson? :stuck_out_tongue:

If he truly believes this, his ego is larger than I even thought.

Considering how many people Sixpack Cobra is leading towards Hell, the `quake would be one of his lesser sins.

Yep! He has at least one “college” in this country; and his ads can be found in periodicals produced by nuns!

Maybe we can get him to meditate on the third horse in the fifth race?

Maybe someone should tell him, “Just visualize world peace.” :wink:

Its supper time here – do you think he could just visualise whirled peas, instead, for me

God bless

Tony

He is a fraud like a long line of other con artists making millions from outdated superstitious beliefs

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.