Chris Christie Endorses Donald Trump

cnn.com/2016/02/26/politics/chris-christie-endorses-donald-trump/index.html

New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie offered a surprise endorsement to Donald Trump, saying there is no one better prepared to lead the country in the Republican 2016 race.

“I am proud to be here to endorse Donald Trump for president of the United States,” the New Jersey Republican told reporters at a press conference in Texas.

“The best person to beat Hillary Clinton on that state last night is undoubtedly Donald Trump,” Christie added.

No big surprise, really.

I think Hilary is beginning to feel the heat being turned up!

Lol of course he does. I’m not surprised either.

I’m surprised. Has he lost his mind?

One liberal supporting another liberal. No surprise at all.

He’s probably the only one that ran that would accept being Trumps VP

Totally predicted it, I could see Trump getting another endorsement from another dropped out presidential candidate.

Another one might be mike Huckabee.

The New York Times is reporting that he did it to stick a thumb in Rubio’s eye.

As if Rubio would ever be Trumps VP?

Since Huckabee’s daughter joined Trump’s campaigned and Mike Huckabee participated in Trump’s veteran fundraiser. It looks likely Huckabee might endorse Trump.

Not after the debate yesterday. One thing both trump and Christi value is loyalty.

Before Christie dropped out, he said he talked to Trump; that puzzled me a little. Why would he need to talk to Trump as if Trump was a godfather or something.

He says he’s going to finish out his term as NJ governor, January somethingth, 2018.

My reaction: :rolleyes:

So why did he run for POTUS in the place?

Yea I don’t buy it either

Christie could be an Attorney General in an administration, that may well be why he’s getting on board now. It makes sense. A lot of favors and such.

In my experience, politicians are very thin-skinned people. The most thin-skinned, in fact.

Then Trump is by definition a politician

Atlantic City is in New Jersey. Maybe Trump offered something regarding tourism to the state of New Jersey, maybe a new project.

I’m just guessing.

Hardly true. I think any but Rubio and Cruz would take the ticket. VP is a great job that gives plenty of exposure where you look presidential, setting you up for the next election cycle.

I hope Kasich get’s the offer, or perhaps Haley.

It’s the only job he has, why wouldn’t he plan to finish it?

All things being equal, I won’t give Palin any consideration for higher office after she resigned a Gov of Alaska. Rubio will need to run for FL governor if he wants consideration again in the future. He needs to show some actual leadership, somewhere.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.