Chrism

I had my Confirmation and First Communion last night at the Easter Vigil.

The oil went down my face and some got on my lips. What should I do with it? I don’t want to lick it off or have it go down with food.

Any suggestions?

If there’s any left rub it into your skin.

What about my lips?

[quote="Zenkai, post:4, topic:321041"]
What about my lips?

[/quote]

There's nothing wrong with just washing your face.

Zenkai - we’re just celebrating the death and resurrection of a Man/God who was flogged, beaten, punched, kicked, nailed, spat on, and pierced with a lance.

During his life he used spittle and mud to heal, he touched, he turned water into wine, he broke bread…

We have an earthy faith… if the oil doesn’t spread everywhere then the symbolism is weak. The oil needs to overflow and spread - it’s a sign of your rebirth into a prodigious new life. Don’t be worried if some oil gets into your mouth etc. Rejoice that so much was used!

And try and relax, and just enjoy the moment. God loves you as you are.

[quote="Zenkai, post:1, topic:321041"]
I had my Confirmation and First Communion last night at the Easter Vigil.

The oil went down my face and some got on my lips. What should I do with it? I don't want to lick it off or have it go down with food.

[/quote]

You wash it off. It is perfectly fine to wash your face, take a shower, etc, as usual.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.