Christ being all holy and communing with s sinners

Christ being all holy and taken on human flesh and dying and rising and taking on our sin without being sin…how is it even if we have venial sins on us when taking communion, how can Christ become one with us if we r still sinners? And i have been told if someone in mortal sin takes Chris in eucharist they receive his body and blood, but not his graces right? How can he give us that while holding his graces back? Isnt that like dualism? And even if we have venial sin to enter heaven we need purgation since u have to be all holy…how is it that we can receive Christ than with venial sin in the host? I am confused…please help

Christ can become one with us because that is who he is. He wants to be one withus. He knows yus better than we know ourselves. With respect to venial sins they can be forgiven with the penitential rite at mass and when we make an act of contrition. Jesus' love for us is so great that He is willing to overlook our venial sins to unite aith us in Holy Communion.
:):):)

Dear flightkid,

It is for good reason that you are confused...that is what the evil one does. He tries to confuse us with many doctrines (of men). But God is not a god of confusion, 1 Cor 14:33 "For God is not the author of confusion, but of peace, as in all churches of the saints."

*"Christ being all holy and taken on human flesh and dying and rising and taking on our sin without being sin...." *

This IS the GOSPEL MESSAGE! All you have to do is BELIEVE it and you will be made one with Christ. Believing brings you to repentance. Jesus began his ministry saying "Repent, for the Kingdom of God is at hand". Until we repent and believe, we will not be made one with Christ. We are lost. This is a matter of the heart. You cannot be made clean by outward ceremonial acts. The Lord promises to give us his Holy Spirit when we believe. That is how we become one with him in this life (John 7:38-39). You must experience the spiritual birth. John 3:3 “Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.”

Taking communion is an act of remembrance of what Christ did on the cross. In Luke 22:19, our Lord said to his apostles when he broke bread and gave it to them, "this do in remembrance of me". Believers are to partake in the elements of the last supper as a remembrance of what Christ did on the cross. The bread and the wine are symbolic of our Lord’s body and blood. It does not remove our “forgivable sins”. Christ already did that on the cross for all who believe. But true belief brings repentance. All sin is forgivable with a repentant heart. It does not matter its severity, a fib is a lie. Hate is murder. Looking lustfully at another is adultery; regardless of whether you act on those sinful thoughts or not. James 2:10- “For whosoever shall keep the whole law, and yet offend in one [point], he is guilty of all.” Again, it is what’s in the heart that counts. The Lord knows the heart and he will judge accordingly. There is one unforgivable sin and that is the sin of rejection (see Matt 12:31). If you reject Christ/Holy Spirit/God, you will not receive the gift salvation. Lack of repentance is rejection. The bible is very clear that MOST will not be saved. In Mat 7:13-14 the Lord said “"Enter through the narrow gate. For wide is the gate and broad is the road that leads to destruction, and many enter through it. But small is the gate and narrow the road that leads to life, and only a few find it.”

There is only one truth and you can find it in God's word. We must study the scriptures to know His truth. Stop listening to "men". Seek the truth. Pray and study your bible. You too will see there are many scriptures that go against what is taught in our churches. There are many scriptures that warn us of false teachers. It really grieves me that billions of people have been so deceived by false doctrines that try to conform us to the beliefs of men. Look to Christ. What did he tell us and what did he do? That is where all answers lie.

I pray in the precious of Jesus that the Lord would open your eyes to the truth. May the Lord bless and keep you.

It is written in the Scriptures and in Sacred Tradition that the holy Eucharist wipes away venial sins. Anyways several parts of the Mass help us get clean from venial sins beforehand.

Mortal sins is a different story. It is written:

whoever eats the bread or drinks the cup of the Lord in an unworthy manner will be guilty of sinning against the body and blood of the Lord.

Thank you for the replies. [edited]

The title of this thread made me lol:thumbsup:

closed #7

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.