Christ is born! Glorify Him!

Christ is born! Glorify Him!
Third Day of the Nativity of our Lord, Feast of The Holy Protomartyr and Archdeacon Stephen

Merry Christmas to all! I hope you all have had a joyous Forefeast and the Feast of the Nativity.

Any particular highlights so far?

Even with all the heavy heart for us in the States with the killing of the innocents in CN, the prayers of the Hours of the Forefeast were so joyful my jaw began to ache each night from grinning during the Vespers. My husband and I also had a lovely evening of Lessons and Carols at the local Dominican Priory. And Fr James, a Melkite priest, was main celebrant, concelebrating with our pastor, Fr Vito, the two Sundays of the Forefeast at my parish.

Today was the names day for a priest, Fr Stephan, in the OCA parish where I am blest to be frequently. The bishop and three other priests, and three protodeacons, on this feast of deacons!, added to the festivities of the day there, along with lots of carols during lunch after the DL. It was one of two sunny days we've had in an otherwise very rainy period.

Lovely church!

We had our evening Vigil Liturgy Monday evening, the highlight for me being when an adorable little girl ran upstairs to give my husband and me a Christmas present before we started singing. :thumbsup:

Today we began carols with "Good King Wenceslas looked out on the Feast of Stephen..." being the feast of St Stephen. :)

A friend on FB gave me the words to this carol to St. Nicholas which I love and had only heard in Slavonic before.

Angels Sing
– A Serbian Christmas Song – lyrics by St. Nikolai Velimirovich

A friend posted a link to this Ukrainian Christmas carol on her FB page

Three verses freely translated by Charles H. Giffen from the Ukrainian carol Nova radist' stala.

Joy on earth now appearing. Wondrous light to us nearing. Brightly beaming o'er the manger Shines the Star of Bethlehem.

Holy Christ, born in glory, Virgin born, son of Mary, Lying lowly in a manger, See the babe of Bethlehem.

Angels lift up their voices: Gloria in excelsis! From the heavens to the manger, Peace is born in Bethlehem.

Fourth Day of the Nativity of our Lord and God and Savior Jesus Christ
Feast of the Holy Innocents slain by Herod at Bethlehem
A local Ruthenian priest posted this today on his FB
"Boh Predvichnyj - God Of Ages" Ukrainian Christmas Carol

If I remember correctly this is one of the theme songs on the Light of the East TV series.

It's very interesting to me that people in this section seem to have had no apparent engagement with the Nativity, Forefeast, Feast, Afterfeast
:shrug:

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.