Christ is our only hope – Syrian Christians pray for miracles amid Islamists’ carnage

Syrian natives who have ministered to refugees from the civil war there are trusting in God to protect their fellow Christians.
There are many “satans” in the world, but “there’s a lot right now in Syria and Iraq,” Christian minister Joseph Sleman told an audience Sept. 18 at a religious freedom summit co-sponsored by Baylor University and hosted by the Catholic University of America, in Washington, D.C.

catholicsay.com/christ-is-our-only-hope-syrian-christians-pray-for-miracles-amid-islamists-carnage/

God Almighty, I beg you to reach down and place your hands around those who are in danger. Breathe your mercy on them. Let your love pour over them. Lord, hear their prayers.

This is part of the story that stood out for me.

Before the civil war, Christians and Muslims lived together peacefully and were free to worship, they maintained. Joseph described how his childhood friends were Muslims.

“As Christians and Muslims, we have one enemy,” he said, “it’s Satan.”

Now that the civil war has erupted and the Islamic State is ravaging portions of the country, Syrian Christians live in the constant face of death, they explained, and they are “waiting for the time they will die.”

Praying for all victims of religious persecution in Syria.

Powerful statement. Perhaps when we all put down our sticks and stop beating each other up (my church is better than yours, nope-mine is the real one, nope yall are all wrong, etc), we can be kinder and focus on the one true enemy to all.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.