Christ Our Life series?

Our parochial school uses the ‘Christ Our Life’ serious for religious education. Is anyone familiar with this? Any good or bad opinions about it? I’m not sure this is the right forum to post this on, but couldn’t find one that really fit well. Thank you!

Sorry, I’m not familiar with it. You might want to move this thread to the “Family” area.

of the approved texts in our diocese, this is the best, if you are referring to Christ Our Life by Loyola Press. we use the 1997 edition, the 2003 edition is the same as far as the lessons, just the pictures, illustrations and some supplemental material has changed. it is one of the few RE series still produced by a Catholic publisher which has not been bought out by a mainstream huge publishing house. It is written by the Sisters of Notre Dame of Chardon Ohio, who educated my children, and now my grandchildren (which is neither here nor there). This order is no more liberal than any other, and has remained more faithful than most. Having used this series for 4 years, I have never found anything objectionable in the content, or in the supporting materials from this publisher. My pastor also approves it so that is good enough for me as he is an excellent theologian, and is aquainted with all the major textbook series and their deficiencies.

[quote=Elzee]Our parochial school uses the ‘Christ Our Life’ serious for religious education. Is anyone familiar with this? Any good or bad opinions about it? I’m not sure this is the right forum to post this on, but couldn’t find one that really fit well. Thank you!
[/quote]

yes, that’s the one - by Loyola. Thank you!
(I don’t know how to move a thread or I’d move this to Family - sorry I posted it in the wrong spot.)

Heeyy. Does anyone know the access code for the seventh grade book?

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.