Christ warning of Judging others and Studying the appearances of other at Church

I have come to see this as a behavior likely motivated by discontent and idleness! It makes me acknowledge that we Christians and Catholics are under serving of Christ sacrifice and the measure of our conduct is the level of this unmeritedness or undeservingness!
  Instead of taking time to deliberate on the appearnce of another study the Bible! God once spoke through the prophets and said “These people honor me with their lips but their heart is far from me!”, which was reaffirmed by Lord Jesus Christ!
    As an African American male, it takes great self control not to make a sport of the foolishness of others based or race or to take glee in knowing that if you think race is to your advantage or to someone else’s disadvantage you will not enter the kingdom of God! It’s like a flame that keeps firing and makes it stronger by continual foolishness!

Jesus Christ can Ben interpreted in the respect with the salt of the earth losing its flavor and being nothing good but to be trampled underfoot by men!
This has occurred in my presence in Saint Merici Church In then Bronx and at St. Patrick’s cathedral!
Fellowship is also keeping your distance and minding your business if you don’t seek comradrie amongst a stranger or from those who differ in your respect!

I am sorry, but I could not follow your post. What are you seeing at the cathedral and the other church?

I’m confused, too. Also, there is a strange section of the OP that I actually had to quote as if to respond to it, then edit it in the window a bit before I could actually read it. I’m still not really sure what the poster means by it. :confused:

Second chapter of the Epistle of James

“My brethren, show no partiality as you hold the faith of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Lord of glory. 2 For if a man with gold rings and in fine clothing comes into your assembly, and a poor man in shabby clothing also comes in, and you pay attention to the one who wears the fine clothing and say, “Have a seat here, please,” while you say to the poor man, “Stand there,” or, “Sit at my feet,” have you not made distinctions among yourselves, and become judges with evil thoughts? Listen, my beloved brethren. Has not God chosen those who are poor in the world to be rich in faith and heirs of the kingdom which he has promised to those who love him? But you have dishonored the poor man. Is it not the rich who oppress you, is it not they who drag you into court? Is it not they who blaspheme that honorable name by which you are called?”

Are you saying that people should keep away from others to have fellowship? The 2 churches do not welcome those who are strangers, is that correct?

Hmm. Also confused.

Hello.

Your post reminded me of how some people think Mass is to socialize and forget that it is the great conversation and sacrifice of Our Lord - the conversation is between God the Son and God the Father, as I understand things, please correct me if I’m wrong.

And, during this socializing, a lot of people seem to judge others on their appearance, which may include race. Is this something you may be referring to?

Many blessings. Please pray for me.

God Bless you! Race is a factor. I learned the hard way that being indifferent to racism is sin itself. My mental refrain is that if I read through the bible, I see that racism is something new brought about by an effort towards democracy which has been able to unify the pubic mindset, once about race, then Jews in Nazi Germany, and now immigration in the US.
I’m under the impression some people get bothered when your not bothered about race. I look at it being foreign born and heritage originating outside of the US, its a big world there is to much going on suffering, corruption, poverty nearly 1/3 of the world lives in poverty to be focused on appearances.
Not all ethnic groups have the same motivations behind race, some avoid , some are embittered, some are indifferent, and some think its the end of the world for some and greatest moment on earth for others.
The Bible doesn’t start with America. I originally had a practical view point which was in the same light that God viewed the Children of Israel or Hebrews in Egypt he has viewed the African Americans.
I just felt that I needed to get this off my chest as i’m trying to focus on “gathering and not dispersing!” and “Wishing on to my neighbors as I wish on to myself!”
One last thing is some parishioners come with the agenda that one is at church to date or to find someone to marry. That is always the case you can find a good church and then bring someone from the outside to that church hopefully they enjoy it and continue to attend services with you there.As I am working on.
I think I can define race or singleness as a sort of presumptuousness or self delusion or false sense of reality for some.
I have always looked that if the Jews rejected the son of God one should always be mindful of the inclusiveness of others that’s the benchmark and I think that anyone affected by this hindrance to the peace of mind called racism will better internalize just how the devil operates and his devices.
I do not really look at the individual now but I am telling myself they haven’t really accepted Christ as even recognizing differences and not being a busy body or keeping ones distance can always be a remedy until the Jesus Christ second coming.
Just being in one another presence worshiping God and praising God and the Jesus Christ can only strengthen faith,I’ll pray for you Crenfo and I hope you do as well for me.

Jesus made some interesting points when interacting with others. While He was here to save the world, He began with His own people. The people of the old covenant.

Example

When Jesus said the following

Matt 10:5 These twelve Jesus sent out, charging them, “Go nowhere among the Gentiles, and enter no town of the Samaritans,[b] 6 but go rather to the lost sheep of the house of Israel. 7 And preach as you go, saying, ‘The kingdom of heaven is at hand.’ 8 Heal the sick, raise the dead, cleanse lepers, cast out demons…

Matt 15: 22 And behold, a Canaanite woman from that region came out and cried, “Have mercy on me, O Lord, Son of David; my daughter is severely possessed by a demon.” 23 But he did not answer her a word. And his disciples came and begged him, saying, “Send her away, for she is crying after us.” 24 He answered, “I was sent only to the lost sheep of the house of Israel.”[e] 25 But she came and knelt before him, saying, “Lord, help me.” 26 And he answered, “It is not fair to take the children’s bread and throw it to the dogs.” 27 She said, “Yes, Lord, yet even the dogs eat the crumbs that fall from their master’s table.” 28 Then Jesus answered her, “O woman, great is your faith! Be it done for you as you desire.” And her daughter was healed instantly.

while Jesus words look one way on the surface, ( focusing on the Jews and ignoring everyone else) otoh, it also looks like Jesus is giving the Jews, the people of the old covenant, 1st right of refusal to accept the new and everlasting covenant, and He is putting full attention to that goal.

AND,

• the result , the Church in the beginning was 100% Jewish.
  • Jesus interacted a few times with Gentiles, and was particularly impressed with the Roman centurion and what he said to Jesus. Such that Jesus said He hadn’t seen faith like that in all Israel Matthew 8:5-10 . And we make the same powerful profession of faith before we receive Jesus in the Eucharist.
  • The HS inspired Peter to open the covenant up to Gentiles by baptizing Cornelius AND his whole family
  • And Paul being frustrated with his fellow Jews THEN was inspired to go to the Gentiles.

God gave us all, free will, and with that we are to pursue Truth, and choose our direction according to His will.

I understand what you were trying to say in your first post. I liked this post much better because I could understand what you wanted to say to people. Thank you.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.