Christian faith

I consider myself to be a faithful Catholic, I am somewhat depressed that our society is moving away from the Catholic church and feel I am an increasing minority, I am sometimes ridiculed for my beliefs and thought of by some as being simple to believe such rubbish.what does give me hope is that Jesus provided the ultimate example of keeping his faith in God, we all have our cross to bear…is that OK to say that? it does keep me going.The priests I know are wonderful people and it hurts me deeply when someone generalizes and calls priests perverts ect, why havce so many fallen away from God? I mean not having anything to do with any organized religion.:frowning:

*If the world hates you, you must realise that it hated me before it hated you.

If you belonged to the world, the world would love you as its own; but because you do not belong to the world, because my choice of you has drawn you out of the world, that is why the world hates you.

Remember the words I said to you: A servant is not greater than his master. If they persecuted me, they will persecute you too; if they kept my word, they will keep yours as well. *

John 15:18-20

I think all of anyone who decides to take their faith seriously as a way of life has experienced what you feel at one time or another :frowning: but it only confirms what Jesus has said in the above passage - as far as I know I don’t see why that would be wrong to say, we all suffer things in this life that can be offered up. If you share in the sufferings of Christ, then you also share in his Resurrection; even more appropriate to mention at Easter. :slight_smile:

Now if we are children, then we are heirs—heirs of God and co-heirs with Christ, if indeed we share in his sufferings in order that we may also share in his glory.
I consider that our present sufferings are not worth comparing with the glory that will be revealed in us.*

Romans 8:17-18

You have been given more Light. Always walk with that Light, knowing that it is God who is guiding you. Not everyone has been given that grace to be able to understand more. For you who have it, remain in it. Persevere in your Faith. Pray for those who don’t understand. Beg pardon for them. Repair for them. Suffer for them. Unite all your sacrifices and sufferings with Jesus’ sacrifice and offer them all to God for the forgiveness of those who are not asking for forgiveness and for the salvation of souls. Love God intensely. Desire Him only. The more a soul loves God, the more meritorious her actions are. Let your love console His Sacred Heart. :slight_smile:

First and foremost, allow the light and the joy of Jesus Christ to shine through your life.

Your witness can be lonely, I know it firsthand as my own family thinks I have gone crazy.

" And he said to all, "If any man would come after me, let him deny himself and take up his cross daily and follow me." (Lk 9:23).

We are called to “deny” ourselves, deny our need for popularity, for social acceptance, for praise.

Sancta Maria, Mater Dei, Ora Pro Nobis Peccatoribus!

Mark

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.