Christian Fatherhood

Dear All:

I have a 20 something nephew who was born an illegitimate child and was raised bouncing between mom’s house, dad’s house, mom’s new boyfriend’s house, mom’s new husband’s house, dad’s new girlfriend’s house, dad’s new wife’s house, and both sets of grandparents houses. Anyway, he now has his girlfriend pregnant and is about to become a father himself. He is not very religious (imagine that) and I was hoping for a couple books, tapes, videos that would teach him the basics of Fatherhood… … All of the ones that I can think of are probably too religious for him - I doubt they would get read at all. Any references you can provide would be greatly appreciated.

Mike

[quote=maesoph]Dear All:

I have a 20 something nephew who was born an illegitimate child and was raised bouncing between mom’s house, dad’s house, mom’s new boyfriend’s house, mom’s new husband’s house, dad’s new girlfriend’s house, dad’s new wife’s house, and both sets of grandparents houses. Anyway, he now has his girlfriend pregnant and is about to become a father himself. He is not very religious (imagine that) and I was hoping for a couple books, tapes, videos that would teach him the basics of Fatherhood… … All of the ones that I can think of are probably too religious for him - I doubt they would get read at all. Any references you can provide would be greatly appreciated.

Mike
[/quote]

Hi Mike:
Have you checked out Steve Wood’s website?
dads.org/

There is also a new Catholic men’s magazine Catholic Men’s Quarterly and it is published by Arx Book.
houseonthemoor.com/

The only other thing I could think of book wise would be a book on St. Therese’s parents.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.