Christian fathers put in jail for shunning explicit sex ed

An international human rights organization today announced it will pursue a civil lawsuit on behalf of parents who want to control their children’s education and withhold them from explicit sex education and play-acting classes required by the German government.

Joel Thornton of the International Human Rights Group told WND the government in Salzkotten, Germany, is sending the fathers of the children to jail for terms of one week because they have refused to turn their children over to school officials for mandated sex classes.

According to a report from Richard Guenther, European director for the IHRG, eight families of Christians have decided to withhold their children from required sex education classes in Salzkotten.

Sex education classes in Germany are explicit, and the issue is one of the major reasons why families – and not just Christian families – choose to homeschool their children even though the government has maintained its illegality since the days of Hitler.

wnd.com/index.php?fa=PAGE.view&pageId=118635

God Bless them

Yes, prayers for them as they undergo this persecution for their faith. Truly shocking. :eek:

We know we will be persecuted for our beliefs. Praying hard for them.

My God bless these fathers who protect their children with their very freedom.

Maybe Europeans will have to immigrate here to escape religious persecution as in older days.
I hope we can still offer them those freedoms in the future....

Those of us that want the freedom to protect our family’s and country’s freedoms must keep vigilant so these freedoms are not taken from us and our future generations.

Loss of our freedoms does not happen overnight. They are lost while we turn our attention to other things and gradually we become numb to the situation. Remember that a lukewarm faith is to be avoided.

[quote="KathleenElsie, post:7, topic:179493"]
Those of us that want the freedom to protect our family's and country's freedoms must keep vigilant so these freedoms are not taken from us and our future generations.

Loss of our freedoms does not happen overnight. They are lost while we turn our attention to other things and gradually we become numb to the situation. Remember that a lukewarm faith is to be avoided.

[/quote]

I agree with you completely! :thumbsup:

I thought Germany outlawed the Nazis?

I’ve always seen it as both Americans and Europeans are faced with few safe places left to go…

…or I’ve just been reading too much Catholic League archives :wink:

Honestly, we get outlier cases like this in the U.S. too, and Europe reads about it on the news in shock, saying, look at all the persecution over there!

i am so impressed with and proud of the fathers! God bless them for taking a righteous stand, and for sacrificing their time and freedom for what is right… i keep wondering when we will have to make similar choices here. i certainly wouldn’t want any of my kids attending “explicite” sex ed classes, or having to “act out” intimate scenes.

my goodness! what ever happened to films and diagrams? and who says all children need this kind of education, anyway? some basic information is helpful, but i wouldn’t trust secular schools to convey that information in a modest or appropriate manner… :frowning:

When I was a kid ( ok don’t laugh!) going through middle school in the 1980’s we had sex education and I remember it clearly because by the time I was 10 my Grandma ( who was a nurse in the 1930"s had already explained to me the how to’s and why for’s. I had already read her notes from college and gone through the diagrams from the enclapedia Brittanica about sex and conception.

I remember being very embarrased when they discribed a womans body and all the intimate details that I was soon to go through. I remember looking at my friend and we both were red in the face (naked bodies, even drawing as such was a private thing!) I had thought untill that time that a naked body was something quiet, I don’t know how to describe it but something sacred not to be shared with just anyone but that drawing diagram taught me a lesson I would come to regret later in life. My first impression was right it is sacred, it is beautiful and the workings of it are magestic. My grandmother taught me all the beautiful things my body could do but in that one moment all the teachings I had learned were torn apart I no longer was master of my body, instead I was taught my body was my master and that I would always be judged by how good looking, desirable and open my body was to be. I was taught that my hormones would rush and I would feel longings for another (0f course at that time it was always the opposite sex) and that I would not be able to controle these longings but I was to have “protected” sex, I was even tought how a condom worked. I was only 10 and my teachers and my school was suppose to be the epitamy of learning (after all didn’t our parents instill in us a value for learning?) so even though I was embarrased I listened. I wish now I hadn’t.

for many years I went through life torn, My grandmother taught me this was only something that is shared between two people who loved each other and were bond by the sacred sacrifice of matrimony but my education had taught me something quite different. As a teen ager who do you think won? I say " Bully" for those dads who would teach their children something that does not end in regret, who teaches their children that somethings are more important than the “passion” of the moment. May God grant me the strength to do the same when my time comes!

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.