Christian Meriam Ibrahim Meets Pope Francis After Escaping Sudan

So relieved to see a happy ending to this story.

Meriam Ibrahim was flown out of the country with her American husband and two young children. She was blessed by the pontiff during a private audience and is expected to fly onto the United States in the next few days.

After an almost year-long ordeal that triggered outrage around the world, the State Department had been negotiating with Sudanese officials for weeks to secure the family’s safe passage out of the country. Ibrahim, 27, has been sheltered at the U.S. Embassy in Khartoum for almost a month.

nbcnews.com/news/world/christian-meriam-ibrahim-meets-pope-francis-after-escaping-sudan-n163681

Thanks be to God! :extrahappy: I’m so happy and relieved to read that she and her family are finally free. I pray daily for those oppressed and persecuted for their Christian faith around the world, especially in Iraq and other Muslim countries–against the horrors being perpetrated against innocent people being killed and driven from home and homeland. :crossrc:

That is great news! I am very happy to see a happy ending for her and her family. And she got to meet Pope Francis, too!

God bless Mariam Ibrahim and her family and Pope Francis.

ALLELUIA!! :extrahappy:

Thank you Lord Jesus for getting her out of Sudan safely! I’m so joyful this story has a happy ending!!

Praise God! :slight_smile:

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.