Christian mom loses court case against school that forced indigenous smudging ritual on kids

I admit - I would be more upset about this if it happened at a Catholic school. To be me the issue here is consistency: if a Priest blessing the school with Holy water or something of that nature would not be permitted at a Public School then this shouldn’t either.

However, this attempt to integrate Indigenous (Native American) spiritual practices into Catholicism is occurring in Canada. Smudging, however, is not one that that be done so! It cannot be integrated into Catholicism as it is pagan! Pure and simple paganism!

At the root of these attempts is white guilt, guilt for Residential Schools, guilt for trying to teach the faith to the Indigenous peoples etc. White Catholics need to get over their guilt and start focusing on trying to salvage the Church we have as it struggles through this crisis! . . .

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.