Christian Mystics

Hi Everyone,

I have become increasingly interested in reading some Christian Mystics and was wondering if anyone could recommend some good books by some of our Mystics? I was thinking of reading Augustines book on the Trinity or Hildegard Von Bingen. What other books/ resources should I seek out?

Thanks

mysticsofthechurch.com/2011/03/nellie-organ-little-nellie-of-holy-god.html

Here is a website that is pretty good…have you read books on St.Padre Pio…St.Francis of Assisi…just go online and google Mystics of the Catholic Church…

: Monastic Experience of the Christian MysteryThe Sun at Midnight
by Bernard Olivera

books.google.com/books/content?id=VL2wCc3V4ekC&printsec=frontcover&img=1&zoom=1&edge=curl&imgtk=AFLRE72RojcaFBoHExHTTAnG2HM8NVui71D6SQHMLtGKw1xLaG_5J3f9mwmdAcWF0uNX0MGWxxL74T1IijCGPtRDPGd3HAqr9VUaRfNNjbRIHpeWa-nUGRHROcEu-DbJP6FzHaqWUmVL

Anything from Cistercian Publications, especially the writings of the Early Desert Fathers.

-Tim-

The Spanish mystics are wonderful - anything by St, John of the Cross or St. Teresa of Avila.

I’m not entirely sure, but I think that John of the Cross is considered a mystic.

Again, this subject is beyond me, but I think that Ralph Martin’s Fulfillment of All Desire is a survey of the most representative mystics in church history – the pathway to personal mystical experience in this life.

:thumbsup: Ditto. And a popular book on both by Thomas Dubay is entitled “Fire Within”.

Thanks! I will check them out!

Thanks for the website.

The Dialogue by St. Catherine of Siena.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.