Christian preacher wins £13,000 in compensation after being held for '15 hours without food or water'

A Christian preacher who was held by police for 15 hours without water or food has won £13,000 in compensation for wrongful imprisonment.
John Craven was held by Greater Manchester police after two teenage boys claimed they were offended by his views of homosexuality after the preacher told them: “God hates sin, but he loves the sinner”.

More…
independent.co.uk/news/uk/crime/christian-preacher-wins-13000-in-compensation-after-being-held-15-hours-without-food-or-water-9226762.html

It’s hard to be more bold, it’s hard to be honester,
when you’re dealing with Pyongyang or preaching in Manchester,
if opening your mouth is decried as a crime
and believing in God gets you jail time.

Good old GMP :rolleyes:

Thank God for the First Amendment of the US Constitution.

This sort of thing is becoming more prevalent in the EU, Canada, Australia, and New Zealand. The cultural left is authoritarian and intolerant. It punishes thought and belief. Even imputed thoughts and beliefs are punished - leaving people only one defense: to deny a crucial moral tenet of their faith or face punishment. This already occurs in some university campuses in the US, but our First Amendment is very helpful in preventing this sort of abuse.

That’s funny, because I was under the impression that England was an official “Christian nation”. And the police are trying to give the impression that you can’t preach the Gospel in the streets without breaking the law?

I once heard from a guy who lived in England how funny it is that England is a legit Christian nation, yet few actually adhere to it, while America is not an official Christian nation and yet is known for highly Christian lifestyles.

It makes me wonder when people say how much better off we would be if the USA were officially Catholic.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.