Christian sends roses to Fort Hood 'hero' gunman

Unrepentant: ‘The FBI were the ones who actually killed those 13 people’

LEHIGH ACRES, Fla. – A Florida man claiming to be the apostle Peter reborn is coming under FBI scrutiny after trying to send a dozen yellow roses to the alleged gunman of the Fort Hood massacre, whom he’s calling a “hero.”

Dan Ross, 61, of Lehigh Acres, is standing by his action which began the day after the carnage in Texas, where 13 people (14 when including an unborn baby) lost their lives when Army psychiatrist Maj. Nidal Malik Hasan allegedly opened fire.

“That’s part of Christianity, is you’re supposed to love your enemies and do good to them. And so by my doing that I was immediately labeled a terrorist,” Ross told NBC affiliate WBBH-TV in Fort Myers.

“The FBI came by and thought I was on drugs. I said, ‘In this day and age we have telephones. You could have called me up. You’re here just to intimidate me.’ We’re supposed to be free from fear and we’re supposed to have the right – freedom of religion, free from fear, freedom of speech, and here they are.”

Ross is placing more blame on the bureau’s failure to prevent the tragedy than Hasan, a Muslim with connections to extremists supporting terrorism.

Read more: wnd.com/index.php?fa=PAGE.view&pageId=115717

I have a serious problem with someone who claims to be St. Peter being called a “Christian”. Where in the Bible or Sacred Tradition does it say that Peter would be reincarnated? This man is NOT a Christian, he’s delusional.

In Christ,

Ellen

Agreed!:thumbsup:

Because he says he is Christian,the FBI is all over him.

If only they had been all over the Moslem nut-job Hasan before he killed and maimed all those people.

ButI guess they would take an act of courage on their behalf.

Evidently the gunman isn’t the only one who shouldn’t be walking around loose…:rolleyes:

"The FBI came by and thought I was on drugs. I said, ‘In this day and age we have telephones. You could have called me up. You’re here just to intimidate me.’

So let me get this straight, he sends flowers to an animal that killed 13 people because he says we should love our enemies - but defames the FBI for asking him a few questions about it. I guess his “Love thy enemy” creed is only applied as he sees fit. I think the FBI is on the right track with their theory of drug use.

i thought this was going to be a nice story until the “reincarnation of Peter” part

maybe the FBI wanted to ask him who’s manning the Pearly Gates if he’s down here :shrug::smiley:

No, they were alerted to the message he wanted delivered:
Ross wanted the $59.95 FTD yellow rose bouquet delivered to the shooting suspect. His e-mail to Marvel’s Florist in Killeen, Texas, had the following instructions: I ask you to respect my freedom of Speech, and freedom of religion. The note I would like attached is: “Major Nidal Hasan. Koran 2:190 - 3. In God’s eye, and those who submit, you are a hero!” …. If anyone questions you, play stupid, and say you did not know as so many were injured. My money is green like everyone elses.
Bolded by me for effect. In a situation like this, one of the first things you think is “did he act alone or was he a member of a cell”, so you look for anyone with any type of potential connection. It is not out of the realm of possibility that “flowers” with a note are a coded message. No matter what religion, this would have triggered red flags.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.