Christian teacher lost her job after being told praying for sick girl 'was bullying'

A devout Christian teacher has lost her job after discussing her faith with
a mother and her sick child and offering to pray for them.

Olive Jones, a 54-year-old mother of two, who taught maths to children too ill to attend school, was dismissed following a complaint from the girl’s mother. She was visiting the home of the child when she spoke about her belief in miracles and asked whether she could say a prayer, but when the mother indicated they were not believers she did not go ahead.

Mrs Jones was then called in by her managers who, she says, told her that sharing her faith with a child could be deemed to be bullying and informed her that her services were no longer required.

Her dismissal has outraged Christian groups, who say new equality regulations are driving Christianity to the margins of society.

Read more: dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1237204/Christian-teacher-lost-job-told-praying-sick-girl-bullying.html#ixzz0aC9WFP57

Maybe she should charge them with bullying her.

It seems that our generation will be so much more blessed… we have all of this persecution to offer up!

Take that Satan!:knight2::nunchuk:

I can't believe that would even happen! wow

When it comes to Christ, there is no such thing as lukewarm. Those who do not love him end up hating him.

When western societies decide to become post-Christian, the net result is that they must become anti-Christian. Christ is now imprinted in their soul and must be expunged in order for their conscience to be free of Christ’s teachings.

Because they still believe in spite of themselves, they must persecute Christ to be free of Christ.

Profoundly true comment. Essentially they echo the cry of the crowd at Pilate’s presentation of our Lord…“Take him away, take him away…”

Looks like the Daily Heil (oops, sorry - The Daily Mail) has had to go back somewhat on this particular ‘Shock! Horror!’ story.

Have all Jews given up on God and prayer and the like, or just the liberal ones?

Perhaps we have better taste than going around pestering seriously ill people who don’t want to to be pestered.

[quote="Kaninchen, post:9, topic:180336"]
Perhaps we have better taste than going around pestering seriously ill people who don't want to to be pestered.

[/quote]

But still tasteless enough to slur anyone who doesn't see eye to eye with a Nazi tag.

[quote="Darryl1958, post:10, topic:180336"]
But still tasteless enough to slur anyone who doesn't see eye to eye with a Nazi tag.

[/quote]

Hm - 160 cm Nazi tags eh?

Whatever.

[quote="Darryl1958, post:12, topic:180336"]
Whatever.

[/quote]

Well, it's rather important isn't it? I mean the problem of having to slur people who can't see eye to eye with a tag.

Jesus you either love him or hate him. But I gotta wonder would a pagan have been fired if they offered to do some magik juju on the kid? I don’t think they would have been since that would be discrimanation but its ok if they are Christian becuse anti-christian attitudes are ok since the seculars find persucuting Christians as politicly correct. we don’t approve of immoral behaviour so we are bigots so it is ok to treat bigots as garbage. The days of ancient rome are coming back its just a matter of time till churchs will have to go underground and preaching will be declared hate mongering. If I were this teacher I’d sue them for everything they have then when I had taken all their money I’d tell them I forgive them then open a Christian school and offer them jobs oh and I’d start a prayer movment for this sick child get a few million people praying for the kid and the conversion of the mother

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.