Christianity Today Editorial: Trump Should Be Removed From Office

4 Likes

Already posted:

https://forums.catholic.com/t/the-editors-of-america-magazine-on-impeachment/581262/5

What are the democrats revealing about their characters? I think they all should be removed from office. They look like the party of fools!

4 Likes

If character mattered, we’d remove most of Congress too. You handle character issues at the ballot box. Someone should tell the Mensans at Christianity Today.

3 Likes

That was the mantra of conservative s in the Clinton era.
When did it become so passé?

1 Like

To the individual, not in general. Character matters, as do the positions a person promotes. I believe Nancy Pelosi is a fraud with zero character who pretends as though her being Catholic actually matters to her as a means to buffer her from certain attacks, but that doesn’t mean I think she should be impeached. I just wish the voters in San Francisco had more sense, but that is again for the voters to decide.

3 Likes

When did it become so passé?

1 Like

I alluded to “if character matters to the individual” meaning it does not matter to everyone.

Of course, we both believe it should. But for those who it does not, there are ways to handle that much more appropriate than how the Dems behave.

I am glad to hear it. It seemed that you were giving up on the idea.

1 Like

No I’d condemn Trumo if he took advantage of an intern or something similar. Thankfully the worst he’s done is make a bunch of spoiled people cry (ir you can call that a negative).

I disagreed extremely strongly with withdrawing out of Northeastern Syria… but the truth is, he does not have much competition in the Republican party as far as running against him. I think the Democrats just demonstrated again, just terrible, terrible behavior with this impeachment matter. (among quite a few other things they do imho).

I just saw a tweet on how one of the Democrats is saying he is a danger to the Nation? Oh, really? That’s why the Democrats are delaying submitting the articles of impeachment to the Senate and are off on holiday vacation? Really? That shows how phony that allegation is.

As Americans, we should work together, for the good of the country, there should be at least, a tiny bit of cooperation. We don’t see this at all.

2 Likes

You might consider reading the articles of impeachment to become aware of the actual charges.

2 Likes

I’m sure the Evangelicals would try to remove them too.

It’s the only leverage they have left. They’ve actually agreed on trade and other issues.

I have no idea what they’d do. We know progressives would not, as they are the ones electing them and promoting having no character.

But the Evangelicals never endorsed Clinton as they have Trump. Why they see things differently now is what the editorial is all about.

2 Likes

Here’s a response from Franklin Graham:

“My father would be embarrassed,” Franklin Graham said in reaction to the editorial, according to The New York Times. Graham added, “It is not going to change anybody’s mind about Trump. There’s a liberal element within the evangelical movement. Christianity Today represents that.”

In a scathing rebuke on Facebook late Thursday, Franklin Graham unleashed against Christianity Today, saying “My father knew Donald Trump, he believed in Donald Trump, and he voted for Donald Trump. He believed that Donald Trump was the man for this hour in history for our nation.”

“For Christianity Today to side with the Democrat Party in a totally partisan attack on the President of the United States is unfathomable,” Graham wrote. After listing off a number of President Trump’s accomplishments, Graham concluded his post by saying: “Is President Trump guilty of sin? Of course he is, as were all past presidents and as each one of us are, including myself. Therefore, let’s pray for the President as he continues to lead the affairs of our nation.”

6 Likes

My mother and I used to watch the Billy Graham crusades. He and his son are different people.

3 Likes

Amen to that!Time for a deep housecleaning come 2020!

Have you made the slightest effort to find out why there is a delay? Or do you prefer to just make up whatever reason suits your purposes?

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.