Christianity = Truth?

How do you answer someone who asks “All religions are equally good ways to reach God, aren’t they”?

I’d say, " I don’t believe so"

It depends who you cares to answer.

Tell them that as long as their religion observes/teaches/emphasizes the two great commandments (Love God with all your heart, mind and soul and Love your neighbor as yourself) they are right.

But what if someone asked “How do you know that Christianity is the True religion”?

I’d start by pointing out that Buddhists aren’t trying to reach God.

Edwin

God has revealed Himself through the person of Jesus Christ. What other religion makes that claim?

Personally, I would tell them “I don’t know that Christianity is the “true” religion.” For me it is like saying “Chrysler is the “true” car”. Religion is the vehicle, it is the goal that counts.

There is only ONE Supreme Creator and ALL Truth comes from Him alone and there is only ONE race of humankind i.e. the descendants of Adam (pbuh).

Since the Creator is not the author of confusion, therefore there can be only ONE Truth for humankind.

If your religion teaches the Trinity, salvation only through Christ and Biblical authority, it is a true Christian religion. Jehovahs Witnesses would not be classified as Christian because they don’t believe in the Trinity and their Scriptures have been molested in a way that supports their warpped idea of truth. I would say Catholics, Orthodox, Lutherans, Anglicans, Methodists, Baptists, Pentecostals, Calvinists, Congregationalists, Assemblies of God, Church of God in Christ C.O.G.I.C., would all be considered within the parameter.

By asking, “How can they be, when they do not agree on the nature of God? Further, as a Christian, I flatly deny the assertion that Christianity is one of the “roads to the top of the mountain” that man has built to try to reach God. Rather, to be a Christian is to walk on the road that God, in his goodness and mercy, built down the mountain – his only Son was the chief builder – for man to use to journey to him. To agree with the given statement is to agree that there’s no difference between choosing a road built by man, and a road built by God, and so no, they are not equally good ways.”

Blessings,

Gerry

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.