Christians, East and West, should combat persecution, Pope says in message to Orthodox Patriarch [CWN]

In a message to the Orthodox Patriarch of Constantinople, Pope Francis said that all Christians should unite to combat anti-Christian persecution. Cardinal Kurt Koch, the president of …

More…

Im glad he is addressing this, but this persecution goes on every day in many countries, but the US media does not even mention it…?? I think this is where we need to start, get them to even report on it might just get people to act.

But this is unlikely, for some reason, the corporate owned media in the US has decided this is not news worthy, so until that changes…I often wonder if such persecution is happening in the US today, but we just do not hear about it?

I know, for various reasons, it is not big news in the English-speaking world. One big reason, I believe, is because a lot of the persecution in places like Pakistan, Africa, and the M.E. is done by Muslims, and that goes against the desired Western media narrative… so… it is just ignored. Also, people just aren’t interested. The media tends to supply whatever the demand is.

But this is unlikely, for some reason, the corporate owned media in the US has decided this is not news worthy, so until that changes…I often wonder if such persecution is happening in the US today, but we just do not hear about it?

I don’t think so. I think that it is done differently. Not so violently. For example, the HHS mandate and the prosecution of the Christian bakery owners are sort of soft persecution. Not like churches being bombed and dozens being murdered in one go like in other countries.

It will be good if the Catholics and Orthodox can work together on this.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.