Christians following Christ?

Please move if this is not in the proper forum.

I’m not trying to be belligerent but I want to truly ask this question of fellow Catholics and followers of the fullness of faith. I do apologize since in this one question, I’m sure to offend Jews, Protestants, LDS, Homosexuals, and fellow Catholics. If this has been discussed before, please point me in the right direction. No need to rehash a delicate subject.

With the northern Jewish tribes were without the Temple, they’re customs moved slowly away from God and the adopted the customs of those around them and were know as the Samaritans and shunned.

As a parallel, when Protestants broke away from the church 500 years ago, their customs have moved slowly away from God. Protestants are adopting more of the customs of those around them. I now read about more and more Evangelicals accepting same sex marriage (time.com/3669024/evangelicals-gay-marriage/).

We claim the LDS aren’t Christian because they follow a Christ that is different from the one we follow. At what point do we say Protestants aren’t following the Jesus who we know founded our church?

This is not a “delicate” subject here - we boldly assert that the Catholic Church is the One True Church established by Jesus Christ and possesses the fullness of the Christian faith. I am not aware of any other Christian denomination that even attempts to make this claim.

Protestants are (mostly) Christian because (most) protestant denominations retain valid Christian Baptism, which places them in a state of Grace. If they avoid subsequent mortal sin then protestants are guaranteed salvation, just like any Catholic Saint.

This will remain true as long as protestants retain valid Christian Baptism, regardless of how far from the Truth they might wander. We need not be free from error to be saved, only free from mortal sin.

Actually, the LDS issue is because they teach a kind of multiple-gods. They say god once was as we are now and as god is, we will one day be. They teach that they will be gods with their own planets, etc. to rule and save.

Yes, the same sex thing is alarming, as is the approval of homosexuality which the Vatican has taken up. What’s more relevant, though, is the encroachment of the satanic cults in the world. Those Lucifer worshipers are really tearing the fabric of society apart. I was really surprised to find the Catholic Church as the leading cult of Satan, but I couldn’t deny the evidence.

Pope Francis Declares Lucifer As God
youtube.com/watch?v=dcpVrtv2t-M

Full Blown Lucifer Worship At The Catholic Vatican
youtube.com/watch?v=sUN-XEU6HUc

I sure hope the congregation wakes up and quits giving them power through their financial support.

Your post is complete nonsense.

Here is the correct translation of the text that has you all a-flutter:

Et in odórem suavitátis accéptus,
supérnis lumináribus misceátur.
Flammas eius lúcifer matutínus invéniat:
Ille, inquam, lúcifer, qui nescit occásum:
Christus Fílius tuus,
qui, regréssus ab ínferis, humáno géneri serénus illúxit,
et vivit et regnat in sǽcula sæculórum.
Amen.

Let it mingle with the lights of heaven
and continue bravely burning
to dispel the darkness of this night!
May the Morning Star which never sets
find this flame still burning:
Christ, that Morning Star,
who came back from the dead,
and shed his peaceful light on all mankind,
your Son, who lives and reigns for ever and ever.
Amen.

Catch that? Christ is the Morning Star.

TowardTruth #1
At what point do we say Protestants aren’t following the Jesus who we know founded our church?

For any Christian, to follow Jesus is to follow the teaching of His Church which He established. Thus any teaching or practice which omits the Holy Sacrifice of the Mass and any the seven sacraments, which neglects any doctrine on faith or morals taught by the Magisterium of His Church indicates a lack in following Jesus.

The Church foresees and defines the sins against the first commandment thus:

2089 Incredulity is the neglect of revealed truth or the willful refusal to assent to it. “Heresy is the obstinate post-baptismal denial of some truth which must be believed with divine and catholic faith, or it is likewise an obstinate doubt concerning the same; apostasy is the total repudiation of the Christian faith; schism is the refusal of submission to the Roman Pontiff or of communion with the members of the Church subject to him.”

Those with valid sacraments separated from Rome are in schism. Those that deny some aspect of the Christian faith are in heresy. Those who reject the Christian faith are in apostasy.

The Church elsewhere defines Christian belief as Trinitarian, and with Trinitarian baptism. The unbaptized or those with some other baptism or belief that denies the Trinity are not Christians at all.

We must also recognize that the Church does not consider those born into these groups to be heretics, apostates, or schismatics.

Only those baptized or received into the Catholic Church who broke or break away can be rightly termed as a heretic, apostate, or schismatic.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.