Christmas Day - Consecration Day!

Dear Brothers and Sisters,

This is the image that began my journey to renew my Total Consecration to Jesus through Mary for this Christmas Day:

I was so struck by the image of the Christ Child embracing the Lamb – reflecting on the fact that Jesus the Word Made Flesh was both the Lamb of God to be sacrificed for us, and the Good Shepherd – it seemed to me the artist had captured the love in the Heart of God, by that simple gesture of the Christ Child’s embrace.

How grateful I am this Christmas Day! May the Lord Jesus, Prince of Peace, ever bless us all with His Love and His Peace, through Mary. May those of us who have consecrated ourselves or will consecrate ourselves, open our hearts wide to receive God’s Grace to LIVE our consecration every day henceforth.

Due to the limit of words allowed for posts on CAF, I couldn’t post the full text of St. Louis De Montfort’s Act of Total Consecration, but it can be found at: http://iipg.org/consecrationday.htm

Blessings to all on this beautiful Feast Day!

5 Likes

Congratulations on completing your Consecration renewal! That is a cute picture of Baby Jesus with the lamb. Thank you for sharing it.
Merry Christmas to You!

Merry Christmas MariaChristi! Blessings to you and your family on this day! May the hope, joy, and peace of Christ’s birth remain with you throughout the year! :slight_smile:

Dear Tis_Bearself,

Thanks for your reply. I continue to ponder that picture, and the following words of St. Louis de Montfort from True Devotion:

1. God the Son came into her virginal womb as a new Adam into his earthly paradise, to take his delight there and produce hidden wonders of grace.

God-made-man found freedom in imprisoning himself in her womb. He displayed power in allowing himself to be borne by this young maiden. He found his glory and that of his Father in hiding his splendours from all creatures here below and revealing them only to Mary. He glorified his independence and his majesty in depending upon this lovable virgin in his conception, his birth, his presentation in the temple, and in the thirty years of his hidden life. Even at his death she had to be present so that he might be united with her in one sacrifice and be immolated with her consent to the eternal Father, just as formerly Isaac was offered in sacrifice by Abraham when he accepted the will of God. It was Mary who nursed him, fed him, cared for him, reared him, and sacrificed him for us.

The Holy Spirit could not leave such wonderful and inconceivable dependence of God unmentioned in the Gospel, though he concealed almost all the wonderful things that Wisdom Incarnate did during his hidden life in order to bring home to us its infinite value and glory. Jesus gave more glory to God his Father by submitting to his Mother for thirty years than he would have given him had he converted the whole world by working the greatest miracles. How highly then do we glorify God when to please him we submit ourselves to Mary, taking Jesus as our sole model.

Praying my Rosary today, I want to continue my thanks to God for more than I can fathom. His Love is Infinite and Eternal! He loved us so much He gave His Only Begotten Son to us, by the power of the Holy Spirit, born of the Virgin Mary: The Word became Flesh and made His dwelling among us! We cannot thank Him enough. Thanks again also for your faithful love of Jesus and Mary. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Dear Richard_White,

How good to hear from you again! A very Blessed Christmas Day to you and to your loved ones – thanks so much for your reply.

Please let us pray for one another, for the Church and for all those in most need of God’s Mercy. By His Grace may He reign in our hearts now and forever!

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.