Christmas Eve morning mass - EF?

We have an EF Mass scheduled for tomorrow morning. The only propers for the 24th in my 1962 Missal are for the Nativity Vigil Mass. Would the Vigil Mass be said that early (we have midnight, dawn, and day Masses scheduled for Christmas)? If not the Vigil Mass, what would the propers for tomorrow morning be? Thanks.

mda

Our parish has an EF Mass Monday morning, and it was pointed out that it is not the vigil Mass. I'm not any authority at all on propers.

I would think it would use the same propers as the 4th Sunday of Advent since it is not the Vigil Mass. I thought that the propers are always those of the preceding Sunday unless it is a feast or memorial, but this is purely conjecture based on half remembered statements about the older liturgical calendar.

[quote="Usige, post:3, topic:309250"]
I would think it would use the same propers as the 4th Sunday of Advent since it is not the Vigil Mass. I thought that the propers are always those of the preceding Sunday unless it is a feast or memorial, but this is purely conjecture based on half remembered statements about the older liturgical calendar.

[/quote]

I'm pretty sure you're correct. My usual sources are silent on this.

No, the morning Mass on the 24th will indeed be the Vigil Mass. In the EF the term vigil generally means the entire day before, and not just the night before.

[quote="Chatter163, post:5, topic:309250"]
No, the morning Mass on the 24th will indeed be the Vigil Mass. In the EF the term vigil generally means the entire day before, and not just the night before.

[/quote]

Just as an update Chatter was correct, the Vigil Mass was said this morning (Dec. 24).

mda

FWIW, the readings this morning on the Laudate app are for the Monday of the 4th week of Advent. I doubt many Parishes are having a daily Mass this morning.

Posted from Catholic.com App for Android

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.